Dear New Sabres GM, Please DO NOT,,.

BuffaloBorn

Right, let's not make the playoffs for a few more years and waste the prime of O'Reilly, Okposo, Kane......

that is a vital issue here...we have these guys in their prime and then we have aging vets putting in time and then trying to bring in young guys too...no wonder it didn;t work last year. I think the way the leafs did it with young guys and their prime guys like Kardi, JVR, Bozak and gardiner is the way to go...none of the aging  vets please...do whjatever it takes to clear Moulson, Gorges, Bogo and Gionta from the payroll

Fyi, LTIR doesn't kick in until you reach the cap ceiling and we still owe the paycheck. Unless TM insured the deal, the Sabres are on the hook for serious money.

Mostly, I hope the new GM brings the kids up and lets them learn. No more trying to acclerate the rebuild. Draft well and develop. Only exception, is bring in a top 3 D.

I'm not worried about the Sabres cash flow. The front office will spend to the cap and I'd guess above the cap if Okposo is on LITR. This is a non-issue to me as a fan because it doesn't limit what players the Sabres can bring in in terms of the cap.

that is a vital issue here...we have these guys in their prime and then we have aging vets putting in time and then trying to bring in young guys too...no wonder it didn;t work last year. I think the way the leafs did it with young guys and their prime guys like Kardi, JVR, Bozak and gardiner is the way to go...none of the aging  vets please...do whjatever it takes to clear Moulson, Gorges, Bogo and Gionta from the payroll

Our only hope with bogo is that he finds his game again under a new coach.   Gionta is already from the payroll, Gorges as a 7th at one more year isn't bad.

Well Moulson will be a buy out.

I just want to see Reinhart stay and get time at center. My only untouchables would be Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, and McCabe. Everyone else is available for the right price. I'd prefer to see the aging vets put out to pasture while the younger guys and prospects get the chance to move up as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.