2. 2. 30 goals?

• Eichel
    • Reinhart
    • Girgensons
    • Ennis
    • Kane
    • ROR
    • Okposo

My guess is one 30, Eichel, and two 20's, Eichel's linemates.

As any fan of Corsi will tell you, O'Reilly scores more than 20 when his shooting percentage is over 13%, and less than 20 when he is closer to his career average of 10.7%, therefore O'Reilly's 2015-2016 scoring more than 20 was lucky.

In all seriousness, I think Bylsma will give O'Reilly a reasonable number of minutes so he doesn't burn out this season like he did last year. 5-5 goals scored per 60, O'Reilly's number was .53, which did beat Deslau's .52, while it's an unfair comparison since O'Reilly plays stronger opponents, it should raise an eyebrow.

O'Reilly's linemates will get too few offensive zone starts to expect to reach 20 goals. I expect Okposo plays with O'Reilly, and scores 16. He will miss the sweet, sweet time with Tavares, although he did play a lot with Nielson too. Like O'Reilly, his goals per 60 are OK, but not 6M for 7 years OK, or whatever the contract was.

Where to play Kane? In his 20 goals last year, 4 were empty net. I would play him on the third line, but if he plays with Eichel, I think he'll score 20, if he plays with the Sedin's, I think he'll score 20.

I think some players, to give an extreme example, Tyler Myers, play better when they are just told to play hockey, and trying to get them to think and play at the same time leads to tears. Having switched between Ruff, what's his name, Nolan, and Bylma has given me a good look at which players can think on ice, and which players don't, as such, I think Ennis (who I love to watch play hockey) and Girgensons (who I love to watch play hockey) will not survive this system.

I expect Reinhart to play with Eichel, and score 26. I'll go off the board for the other Eichel linemate, and predict current Rochester American Derek Grant will end up on the Eichel line sometime in November and get 20.

I expect Reinhart to play with Eichel, and score 26. I'll go off the board for the other Eichel linemate, and predict current Rochester American Derek Grant will end up on the Eichel line sometime in November and get 20.

That isn't off the board, it's off the planet. Grant might not get top 2 line minutes in Rochester much less make the Sabres. He is also a center and is at best the 6th center in the organization behind ROR, Eichel, Larsson, Girgensons and COR. You made some interesting arguments, but this one is truly from left field especially considering Grant has played 40 NHL games and has no goals and only 3 assists.

One other thing, the Sabres offense should be more dynamic this season and key young players like Jack and Sam continue to mature and develop. This should lead to better possession stats and more O zone time and more O zone starts. This should lead to more chances, more PP time and thus more goals.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

That isn't off the board, it's off the planet. Grant might not get top 2 line minutes in Rochester much less make the Sabres. He is also a center and is at best the 6th center in the organization behind ROR, Eichel, Larsson, Girgensons and COR. You made some interesting arguments, but this one is truly from left field especially considering Grant has played 40 NHL games and has no goals and only 3 assists.

One other thing, the Sabres offense should be more dynamic this season and key young players like Jack and Sam continue to mature and develop. This should lead to better possession stats and more O zone time and more O zone starts. This should lead to more chances and more PP time.

You forgot Reinhart, so he's 7th

http://www.tsn.ca/crosby-leads-list-of-top-300-projected-scorers-1.565371

Scott Cullen of TSN published his list of top 300 scorers for this coming season.  9 Sabres made the cut

31  Eichel 27-37=64 

43  Okposo 21-38=59

44 ROR 20-39=59

115 Reinhart 21-26=47 (I think Sam beats this easily)

145 Ennis 18-26=44

193 Ristolainen 10-29=39

204 Kane 19-18=37

249 Gionta 13-19=32

251 Moulson 12-20=32

These estimate puts us at 161 goals just from this group of 9, with 4 guys scoring 20+ and another 2 knocking at the door.  I predicted at least 230 goals this season.  Can we get another 69 goals from the other 6 D and 5 F not listed?  I think so.  

• 2 weeks later...

One other thing, the Sabres offense should be more dynamic this season and key young players like Jack and Sam continue to mature and develop. This should lead to better possession stats and more O zone time and more O zone starts. This should lead to more chances, more PP time and thus more goals.

Applications for hopping on the Derek Grant bus will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis on planet raku.

He certainly had a good pre-season game.  

Edit:  Just watched the NHLnetwork 1hr version of the game.  Grant is big and looks to have good hands.  He looked good with Baptiste and Fasching.  That should be a very good line in Roch this season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.