OT - Google's "Project Fi"

darksabre

• 8 months later...

Just to follow up since I don't remember what thread we were talking about it in, but as expected my Nexus 5X has bricked again. It's a damn shame. My warranty was up in June but since I have the protection plan they're replacing it free of charge for the second time in less than a year. 

I couldn't be more satisfied with Google's customer service, but these 5X phones are garbage. 

On that note, I made the switch with the Pixel 2 XL. Couldn't be happier. My old HTC One m8 was 3 years old and had become unbearably slow. Zero issues so far with the network, and it gets bonus points for working internationally for my Montreal trip next year. All told I get the new phone for $17 more per month than I was paying on Verizon. I'll take it.

On that note, I made the switch with the Pixel 2 XL. Couldn't be happier. My old HTC One m8 was 3 years old and had become unbearably slow. Zero issues so far with the network, and it gets bonus points for working internationally for my Montreal trip next year. All told I get the new phone for $17 more per month than I was paying on Verizon. I'll take it.

Pixel 2 XL looks like it's in my future as well. I figure my warranty replacement 5X should last me another 6 months so that buys me some time to replace it, since there's no way they'll give me another warranty replacement :lol:

Just to follow up since I don't remember what thread we were talking about it in, but as expected my Nexus 5X has bricked again. It's a damn shame. My warranty was up in June but since I have the protection plan they're replacing it free of charge for the second time in less than a year. 

I couldn't be more satisfied with Google's customer service, but these 5X phones are garbage. 

I think either you got a dud or I was just lucky, because after 20-21 months my Nexus 5X was still going strong... only trouble I ever had with it was when I got lazy about deleting pics and the memory was too close to full.  I actually kind of miss it right now because I finally got the Moto X4 that I'd ordered last week... it's not bad, but the camera isn't very impressive so far, and it's a lot heavier than the 5X (mostly because it's sturdier construction).  I'd just gotten Oreo a few weeks ago on the 5X and now I'm back to Nougat, although Motorola has promised an update by the end of this year.  I'm a little nervous the updates won't be released as quickly as they were with the Nexus line since it sounds like it's up to Motorola rather than Google, but we shall see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.