Roster review: #82 Marcus Foligno

dudacek

Marcus Foligno  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is Marcus Foligno?

• A perfect middle-six forward who bangs, checks and will someday put up 20/20
    • A solid NHL 3rd-liner who will score 10-15 and help in other ways
    • A good fourth-liner

I think Marcus played the best hockey of his career last season.  If he can bring that sort of consistency every year, he'll be a fixture on our third line.  I hope our forward depth is good enough to trot out a Foligno - Larsson - Zemgus 3rd line in the years to come.  I think that could be special.

That line would shut down alot of top lines in 2 years.   And chip in offensively.

Edited by Heimdall

I think Marcus Foligno actually suffers from reverse "legacy" discrimination. I hear over and over again how he is just here because of his name, he's an average third liner, etc. etc.

In my mind he is another young player that was thrown to the wolves too early and thus people forget how young he still is. I have no way of knowing what he will turn into but I can tell you that the front office is still high on him and believe he has been among the most mis-used players on the team. Doesn't mean he is untouchable and could still be moved in a trade for a d-man but he won't be a throw in.

He hasn't had much time with a center. I'm expecting good things. The people that are going to benefit the most from center depth are the wings.

He hasn't had much time with a center. I'm expecting good things. The people that are going to benefit the most from center depth are the wings.

The wings will definitely be well served but having C depth just made the D better too. (Unfortunately the D didn't get 1 extra piece added; but the C's will necessarily lighten their load.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.