New Rick Jeanneret video interview

\GoBillsInDallas/

Highlights:

Rick said he feels great and recent scans have been clear.

On analytics: "It's going to get worse!" and "I'm so sick of hearing about Corsi!" LOVE that man.

On the May Day call, he said for the 10,000th time that it just popped in his head. He forgets using it during the regular season when May scored in overtime

He advises kids to play a sport other than hockey (in addition to hockey). The context of the question was whether the game has gotten too "overcoached." He sounded a little down on a sport that he said has given him so much.

Edited by PASabreFan

Can't watch the whole thing now but I could see him being down on the sport at the youth level.  It is overcoached, much like many youth sports.  It's insane how much people put into this with some faint glimmer of hope that their precious child will get an opportunity to play professionally.

There's a time and place but having your kid on the ice constantly at age 7,8,9 and travelling all over the continent for them to play is ridiculous.  I see it even within my son's organization.  People constantly worried about getting their kids to the offseason clinic or some skate and shoot.  They ignore reality which is in about 2 years their kids will begin to go through puberty and most of them will develop a body type that will never succeed at a high enough level. 

Sorry.. off topic.. but kids do need to play all kinds of sports, it's incredible for the development of the muscle structure and to develop more coordinated motor abilities.  (That and kids at age 9 don't grasp the 2-1-2 forecheck, but that's another post for another time).

On the other hand.. RJ.  Sounds positive.

Thanks for posting.  I'll have to come back to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.