OT - Fitting Movie for Memorial Day Weekend

GoPre

I watched The Pacific over a couple days.  I have an uncle that was in the Marines in WWII (He's passed on now).  In 13 months his unit made four major amphibious assaults in the battles of Kwajalein (Roi-Namur), Saipan, Tinian, and Iwo Jima with his division suffering more than 17,000 casualties.  He didn't talk about it much.

That seems pretty common among guys who were there. 

It must have been, quite literally, hell on earth.

That seems pretty common among guys who were there.

It must have been, quite literally, hell on earth.

I had an elective class in my senior year of High school called World Wars. All we did all year was study wars and our end of the year project was to film an interview, 60 minutes style with a WWII veteran.

It was the most amazing project I was ever a part of in my entire life. Getting those men to open up and talk could be difficult sometimes, but once we were rolling and the stories started coming out, it was truly incredible!

I also once interviewed my grandfather who served in the Pacific Theater on the USS Wichita. Gramps was a solid interview. Lots of colorful language about the Japanese.

I had an elective class in my senior year of High school called World Wars. All we did all year was study wars and our end of the year project was to film an interview, 60 minutes style with a WWII veteran.

It was the most amazing project I was ever a part of in my entire life. Getting those men to open up and talk could be difficult sometimes, but once we were rolling and the stories started coming out, it was truly incredible!

I also once interviewed my grandfather who served in the Pacific Theater on the USS Wichita. Gramps was a solid interview. Lots of colorful language about the Japanese.

Awesome.

Is the video of the interviews posted anywhere? I'd like to check it out sometime.

Awesome.

Is the video of the interviews posted anywhere? I'd like to check it out sometime.

I honestly don't know. I'm not even sure if my teacher, Mr. Ford is still teaching. He's gotta be retired by now. I'll see if I can get in touch with him and find out.

Absolutely awesome! Great teacher and good for you for electing to take the class.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.