Eastside Hockey Manager (Game)

Johnny DangerFace

I bought the game a week or so ago. Friends and internet message boards have been recommending I try EHM 07 for years, but I was always reluctant to buy a game from 2007. When I saw this new version on Steam, I figured I would give it a shot. So far it has not disappointed! 

I have always been one of the guys who starts a GM mode on NHL 15 and simulates. And simulates. And simulates. I sim a few weeks at a time, monitor my progress, maybe make a trade or two along the way. I stop at key points in the season like the ASG and near trade deadline, but after taking care of my managerial duties, it was back to simulating. I rarely actually play any games, preferring to try to manage my team to victory based on the game's own sim engine. A lot of people might think that's boring, but I have always enjoyed it as far back as I can remember. The NHL series has been good for this -- but oh my, EHM takes it to a whole new level.

It was a little overwhelming at first. You have control of everything you can imagine and it is a lot to take in, but after a few lengthy play sessions I've gotten a good grasp on most of it. I haven't gotten too involved with setting up custom tactics yet because I'm not the biggest X's and O's guy. I hired Mike Babcock to do that for me  :flirt:

One thing to note: Because the game isn't officially licensed by the NHL, it uses randomized names for all owners/managers/coaches/players/etc. That would take away a lot of the fun for me. Luckily there is already a roster database available on a third party site (for free) that allows you to use real world players. It is actually quite impressive. 

Anyway I could go on forever, but the bottom line is if you're into this kind of game, it is worth it. It's super addicting. I had to self-impose a moratorium on the game this weekend to make sure I spend SOME time with family...  :P

I bought the game a week or so ago. Friends and internet message boards have been recommending I try EHM 07 for years, but I was always reluctant to buy a game from 2007. When I saw this new version on Steam, I figured I would give it a shot. So far it has not disappointed! 

I have always been one of the guys who starts a GM mode on NHL 15 and simulates. And simulates. And simulates. I sim a few weeks at a time, monitor my progress, maybe make a trade or two along the way. I stop at key points in the season like the ASG and near trade deadline, but after taking care of my managerial duties, it was back to simulating. I rarely actually play any games, preferring to try to manage my team to victory based on the game's own sim engine. A lot of people might think that's boring, but I have always enjoyed it as far back as I can remember. The NHL series has been good for this -- but oh my, EHM takes it to a whole new level.

It was a little overwhelming at first. You have control of everything you can imagine and it is a lot to take in, but after a few lengthy play sessions I've gotten a good grasp on most of it. I haven't gotten too involved with setting up custom tactics yet because I'm not the biggest X's and O's guy. I hired Mike Babcock to do that for me  :flirt:

One thing to note: Because the game isn't officially licensed by the NHL, it uses randomized names for all owners/managers/coaches/players/etc. That would take away a lot of the fun for me. Luckily there is already a roster database available on a third party site (for free) that allows you to use real world players. It is actually quite impressive. 

Anyway I could go on forever, but the bottom line is if you're into this kind of game, it is worth it. It's super addicting. I had to self-impose a moratorium on the game this weekend to make sure I spend SOME time with family...  :P

Same here.  It is very overwhelming so far, but I am getting the hang of it.  I haven't gotten into tactics much either.  The two other areas I am iffy on is player ratings (I don't fully get what is good or not.  There arent' overall ratings like nhl series.....and I don't fully grasp potential/projections of younger players) and practice (I haven't done the practice feature which I think has a lot to do with developing players).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.