Lemieux traded because Claude told management he wouldn't sign here?

matter2003

He was traded because, like armia, Murray and his scouts sweated over the time table for Lemieux to play more than 9 games in the nhl. In buffalo armia gets his shot but prob doesn't stick and Lemieux isn't skilled enough or disciplined enough to be there on big club til after next year..

Because Murray is an untested gm.. It cost us a number one pick because he couldn't walk on this deal and Chevy knew he needed this and wanted it. Because he is untested and IF he really believed in Claudes lil prick ( on roster for next year) he would have offered him first round money and played hardball by trying make us look attractive to blackball the kid. He wouldn't want this perception out there. If Murray actively made the team better (with kane ..bogs and a good Ufa , proving the worth of our franchise and the kid still didn't sign ... He eould make the league see kid as trouble and they (gms) may have taken Murray's side and gave him a chance to . redraft the kid to or not drafted the kid at all so as not to be spurned as well... not to have kids thinking this is an option .. Or a very expensive one.. It's probably why he fell ( out of first , as well as questionable immediate talent) because no one wanted to get a second round compensation for the kid that overvalues himself above the team.

This rule should be three years on top 5 s and always an exception. I am surprised guys don't do it more often considering they would get to pick the situation and players that fit and allow them to succeed . I could see. A guy like armia being Tatar in Detroits lineup where his skills need high end veterans to succeed unlike 3rd line scrubs and ahl goons he mostly had. It will be interesting to see if either are called up or if he even sign in win...

Anyone know if the player has to be signed to play the nine games for the big club and put on an nhl sweater ?

... For the ahl?

Why don't higher picks hold out? The team eould only get a second round if Mceichel sat out two years as compensation .. Much more likely for a college player.

Couldn't Murray just bring him up next year and force his hand dangling nhl minutes??

Probably why the phone call before drafting anyone ..The Nfl owns the rights for how long ? on a guy like Bo or Horsefaceway .. I am hesitant to even ask because I don't want this thread to be even a page.