GDT: 10/23/2014 Sabres at Los Angeles Kings 10:30 EST. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

And like I said it must be nice to not worry about it.

Not worrying about where we draft. A luxury as a Sabres fan few of us have ever felt simply because we've never really been as relevant as the Kings in terms of cup contenders. Pretenders at times sure but never really contenders. Thanks a lot Darcy :wallbash:

That statement only holds water for the time since 2011.

With the exception of the '92 Finals appearance with Gretzky, the LA Kings have a a long, rich history of sucking dick, much longer and richer than the Buffalo Sabres.

Thats very true. I also hold the opinion that being a middling team is akin to sukcing dick also. When Buffalo is considered a threat to win the cup as L.A. has been the last few years thats when I'll not worry about where we'll draft. Thats a feeling as a sabres fan I've rarely felt.

That statement only holds water for the time since 2011.

With the exception of the '92 Finals appearance with Gretzky, the LA Kings have a a long, rich history of sucking dick, much longer and richer than the Buffalo Sabres.

Who's history would you rather have? Both franchises have had their sucking stage. We are having a good suck right now. Hopefully we have the same happy ending as the Kings. Multiple happy endings - even better.

Fair. Keep in mind though that this envy centers around the Kings fanbase "not being concerned with the draft because they're on top" as opposed to "being typically Los Angeles, hugely bandwagony right now, and not engrained in a strong hockey culture."

Also, just watched the broadcast. The Kings broadcasters do a shot of the Sabres bench during a stoppage in play as you hear the crowd booing me/cheering the Kings fan on the jumbotron. Big grins wash over the players when the crowd boos (and presumably I'm on the 'tron).

So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Fair. Keep in mind though that this envy centers around the Kings fanbase "not being concerned with the draft because they're on top" as opposed to "being typically Los Angeles, hugely bandwagony right now, and not engrained in a strong hockey culture."

Also, just watched the broadcast. The Kings broadcasters do a shot of the Sabres bench during a stoppage in play as you hear the crowd booing me/cheering the Kings fan on the jumbotron. Big grins wash over the players when the crowd boos (and presumably I'm on the 'tron).

So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Yeah that is awesome. The only time I made the jumbotron was in Tampa. I was in the middle of trying to stuff half a bag of cotton candy in my mouth. Not my best moment. My family thought it was funny though.

Was at the game at Staples last night. Good times.

Kings' jumbotron does a bit where they show a Kings fan then a opposing fan and repeat, so the crowd cheers then boos then cheers then boos. Because I was close to the camera, and maybe because I have a beard, I was chosen to be the face of evil. I ended up on the jumbotron all night long. A bunch of my hockey playing buddies have Kings season tickets but weren't sitting near me or maybe even knew I was going to the game, so as soon as they saw me, my phone blew up. Even a friend from high school that lives out here, whom I hadn't talked to in years and years, chatted me up on facebook because she saw me on the jumbotron. In the third period, the Kings' mascot (Bailey the Lion) decided to come on down and ###### with me, so pretended I was going to fight him- h

Were you the guy wearing a collared-shirt under your jersey?

We look at this team and see losses and sad play, etc.

It may turn around.

For what it's worth, the Sabres have played the following teams with the following records:

Anaheim (2x) - 6-1 (Tied 1st in the NHL) - w/ Montreal and Nashville (no kidding!)

Los Angeles - 5-1-1 (Tied 4th in the NHL) - w/ Calgary (no kidding!)

Chicago - 4-1-1 (8th in the NHL)

Boston - 4-5 (Tied 11th in the NHL)

Columbus - 4-2 (Tied 11th in the NHL)

Florida - 2-2 (22nd in the league)

Carolina - 0-4-2 (Tied for 29th with the Sabres)

Perhaps things will improve when they play the middle of the pack. They still look completely outmatched against the top teams in the league.

They are still lost out there. They sure as hell aren't moving. I've never seen a team stand still as much as they do, in every zone.

They aren't supposed to beat teams like Anaheim or LA or Chicago.

They do look bad, and they should against those teams.

Perhaps the Sabres look bad because they've played teams with those records. Or perhaps those teams have those records because they've played the Sabres. The world may never know.

Was at the game at Staples last night. Good times.

Kings' jumbotron does a bit where they show a Kings fan then a opposing fan and repeat, so the crowd cheers then boos then cheers then boos. Because I was close to the camera, and maybe because I have a beard, I was chosen to be the face of evil. I ended up on the jumbotron all night long. A bunch of my hockey playing buddies have Kings season tickets but weren't sitting near me or maybe even knew I was going to the game, so as soon as they saw me, my phone blew up. Even a friend from high school that lives out here, whom I hadn't talked to in years and years, chatted me up on facebook because she saw me on the jumbotron. In the third period, the Kings' mascot (Bailey the Lion) decided to come on down and ###### with me, so pretended I was going to fight him- he pulled away a high five, so my buddy "held me back." The kids (about 10 and 13) sitting behind me thought it was hilarious.

Kings fans were overwhelmingly respectful. Got a lot of handshakes and high fives for being "jumbotron guy" and a good sport. Only one or two had few enough brain cells to yell out "Sabres suck" near me, but when I retorted that we're one game closer to Connor McDavid, they quickly developed a cow stare, as they didn't know anything about anything. Pretty damn good percentage of friendlies for being in "enemy" territory.

Post-gamed at the nearest Irish bar (within two blocks of Staples), walked in, and it was empty except for about a dozen Sabres fans. So we knocked back a few and had some good laughs.

Now that's how sports are supposed to work!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.