GDT - Anaheim @ Buffalo 3pm

inkman

The "pee wee" comment is an insult to his players. I am very interested in the comments being made here of Nolan's system or lack there of. I have a feeling Nolan may not be a placeholder as long as I originally thought.

Nolan was brought in to change the culture. What you saw yesterday was the old Sabres. We know what players will do for Nolan. We know how he expects them to play.

Yesterday they tried to play like they belonged. They don't belong. Not yet. And I don't know what it's going to take to convince these guys they haven't earned a place with the NHL's best. You don't get to play a finesse game if you haven't earned it.

Let's also remember that Girgensons is the poster child of the Nolan philosophy and also happens to be getting results because of it. Surely other players could follow suit.

Through 3 games, the only guys I see giving it their all on every shift have been Ennis, Weber and Deslauriers. That ain't gonna win many games (in our case none).

What about Girgs?

While we're ranting, can we get some mean defensemen. I'm getting to the point where I'd be alright with Myers going. I'm enamored with his skating for a big man, but if the mean streak isn't there, I don't see him being what we need.

Simple. Knock 'im in the nuts before the game. Seemed to get his dander up the other night.

This was brilliant, well played.

Thanks. At least someone noticed....

I swear, BFLO fans would bitch about how they got paid if they won the lottery.

You understand the true Buffalo mindset.

We know they weren't gonna be good but not this bad. We wanted to see improvement but still lose close games. But how can you say they are better when they are getting badly outshot every game. It's okay to lose as long as you play hard and your competitive but not okay when you are not working and getting outshot big time. This team right now looks worse than last year and I thought they would be somewhat better.

Two out of the first three games were tied at the second intermission. Those are close games. The fact that they got away in the third is simply the fulfillment of "still lose close games."

Yes, I want the team to look better, but they're hanging in there. The year the local high school won the Texas state championship, they lost an early game 63-0. It is way too early to write off this season as a wasted one. The body of work so far isn't so good, but the season has just started. Basically, the Sabres are an expansion team right now. You can't expect miracles and team chemistry and stuff right out of the gate.

I caught on the radio this morning that Silverberg (sp) was on the ice for 20 or 21 shots against us and we recoded none while he was on the ice. That is a disgusting stat.

Well, who was on the ice when he was on the ice. This makes it sound like he was awesome but in reality if we are putting players on the ice who traditionally are low shot takers then it would amplify the stat readout.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.