2014 Memorial Cup

26CornerBlitz

2014 Memorial Cup – Prospects to Watch

We are mere hours away from the puck dropping on the 2014 Mastercard Memorial Cup and the City of London is gearing up to welcome one of the most competitive fields in recent years.

Returning for their third straight Memorial Cup appearance are the tournament hosts, London Knights, after the injury-riddled squad was bounced in the second round of the OHL playoffs by the eventual OHL Champions, Guelph Storm. Joining the Guelph Storm and London Knights are the Champs of the WHL in the Edmonton Oil Kings, and QMJHL victors, Val d’Or Foreurs, both freshly off game seven wins that punched their ticket to the illustrious major junior competition.

http://tournaments.n...om/tournaments/

Game #1 - Friday, May 16 - Val'Or Foreurs (QMJHL Champions) vs London Knights (OHL-Host) - 7:00 pm ET.

Game #2 - Saturday, May 17 - Guelph Storm (OHL-Champions) vs Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL Champions) - 4:00 pm ET.

Game #3 - Sunday, May 18 - London Knights (OHL-Host) vs Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL Champions) - 7:00 pm ET.

Game #4 - Monday, May 19 - Guelph Storm (OHL-Champions) vs Val-d'Or Foreurs (QMJHL Champions) - 7:00 pm ET.

Game #5 - Tuesday, May 20 - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL Champions) vs Val-d'Or Foreurs (QMJHL Champions) - 7:00 pm ET.

Game #6 - Wednesday, May 21 - London Knights (OHL-Host) vs Guelph Storm (OHL-Champs) - 7:00 pm ET.

Game #7 - Thursday, May 22 - Tie-Breaker - (if necessary) - ??? vs ??? - 7:00 pm ET.

Game #8 - Friday, May 23 - Semifinal - ??? vs ??? - 7:00 pm ET.

Game #9 - Sunday, May 25 - Championship - ??? vs ??? - Time TBA.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

London Knight Nikita Zadorov feeling more confident for his second Memorial Cup appearance

“I feel more like a leader,” he said. “When I came, I was a shutdown (defender). I was just the third pair defensive pair. Now I’m a top four, play a lot more and have a lot of ice time. When I came I didn’t play a lot of offence. Now I play a lot more.

“I’ve played at a different level in the NHL and I feel like I should do the best for my team.”

Confidence is not something lacking in Zadorov. He believes in his abilities. His stint in the NHL has only made him more confident in what he can do.

“The NHL is the biggest level in the world,” he said. “I know how to play there and it’s helped me a lot. It’s more easy to play here right now.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.