Will the Bills and Sabres Shuffle Out of Buffalo?

26CornerBlitz

I wonder if the last remaining NFL team in NYS leaving will have any pull in getting them to help out.

Cuomo has thrown his weight behind a new stadium; it's just a question of whether he's still governor when it comes around. I disagree with nfreeman; I can see the state putting up some big money.

Watch TPegs buy the team and build a new stadium, mostly with his own money, adjacent to the Habor Center.

Why would they give a crap about this? Everyone knows that the Giants and the Jets are NY's teams.

because they're democrats and its not possible that they can squeeze any more votes out of the City.

They can, however, pick up a couple seats in congress between Lake Erie and I-81

Is there really any reason that Poloncarz had to bring this up now? Its classic politics. If it was a private sector business initiative, no one would ever bring up variables that could screw up a transaction but in the world of politics, lets get on the side that cares at the moment.

This is an issue for another day. You can bet he would change his tune if it appeared that the team leaving was about to happen on his watch.

Is there really any reason that Poloncarz had to bring this up now?

It doesn't make any sense. Don't start a tire fire of anti-NFL or anti-stadium sentiment in the public or political climate at this juncture. It only encourages justification in the minds of prospective owners that want to move the team. And it encourages other NFL owners that have to ratify the sale to do so in favor of a prospective owner that wants to move the team.

Shut your mouth. Let the sale happen. Let the NFL owners ratify the sale to an owner that keeps the team in town. Let the owner settle in and review the budget. See if the new owner even thinks a new stadium is required. Wait until he asks for money. Then start negotiations. You'll have much stronger leverage if you're negotiating with an owner that wants to keep the team in town.

He should be spouting about how much of a crime it'd be for the team to move. And how the county will do everything in their power to work with the new franchise owner for the continued success of the franchise and the economy of the county. Encourage the NFL to resent the idea of moving a historic franchise out of its home town.

It's high time the County Executive sucks ######, not ###### ######.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

The question with regard to the Sabres is ridiculous with Pegula around and all of the money he's investing in the community.

Bingo!

I didn't even read the article, so I don't know the author, but you don't drop 300 million on a product and new building (purchase of the Sabres and the Harbor Center) without realizing that is a commitment to stay. WTH is this author talking about?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.