Sabres best Center/Centre

LGR4GM

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which player is the Sabres best center right now.

• Tyler Ennis
    • Derek Roy
    • Cody Hodgson

So everyone basically would like us to go get a #1 center but I am curious to see who people think is currently the best center on the roster going into the 12-13 season.

The obvious choice is Roy as he is the best established and has the most credentials.

Tyler Ennis finished the season on such a tear that maybe some people think he is now the best or wil be in the upcoming season.

Cody Hodgson will be training with Gary Roberts and has already shown some signs that he meshes better with Vanek than Roy.

So the basic question is who's the best center we have?

My gut tells me it is Ennis. He is a natural playmaker and I think it is fairly obvious that giving him more ice has really ignited his play. Many people were upset he did not improve on his rookie numbers but he actually did. His ppga goes up and I believe that when the smoke clears from next season, Tyler Ennis will sit at #1 followed closely by Hodgson.

In the second half of last year, Ennis looked like a first-line centre (not a franchise centre), so I'll take him.

But his track record says top six forward.

And I'm concerned that if Darcy gets a centre this summer Lindy will (stupidly) put Tyler back on the wing

Roy's track record is borderline first/good second, but he played like a third-liner last year and I don't think he'll be back.

Hodgson shows good second-line centre potential but he ain't there yet.

In my unicorns and rainbows fantasies he develops great chemistry with Vanek next year and tops 60 points, helping TV to a 40-goal year.

At this point I think Roy is still our best center with Ennis having the potential to be the best. In a perfect world however, we'll be able to draft a good to great center prospect this year like Galchenyuk or Faksa and they'll be able to step into a center role with the Sabres after Ennis and Hodgson prove to play up to their potential and we move Roy at the trade deadline for a hefty price after he puts up a productive contract season.

That would still leave us with 3 young scoring line centers (Ennis, Hodgson, stud rookie) with the potential to restock the position going forward.

At this point I think Roy is still our best center with Ennis having the potential to be the best.

This

In a perfect world however, we'll be able to draft a good to great center prospect this year like Galchenyuk or Faksa trade for a proven 1st line center and they'll be able to step into a center role with the Sabres after Ennis and Hodgson prove to play up to their potential and we move Roy at the trade deadline for a hefty price after he puts up a productive contract season.

That would still leave us with veteran leadership and 32 young scoring line centers (Ennis, Hodgson, stud rookie) with the potential to restock the position going forward.

That.

Roy is the Sabres best center, IMO, he may be the Sabres only NHL ready center. When Derek Roy is right he is a 25-30 goal, 60 -70 point. Considering the position he plays and his contract, he may just be the most value commodity the Sabres have. If the 2012-13 goes nowhere, I can see many teams looking to pick Roy up for a stretch run.

Archived