I am starting to like Crosby...

Trettioåtta

I've got a buddy who is a bartender at a high end L.A. hotel. Back in the fall, a guy with a baseball cap sat down at the corner of the bar and opened up a tab under the name "Sid". After a few minutes of studying the guy from a distance, my friend figures out that its Crosby. Probably not a big deal since stars are all over the place out there, but for a hockey fan like my friend it was still pretty cool. They shoot the sh#t for a little bit, and when it's time to close the bar at midnight, Crosby wanted to go out for a few more. He piles into the back of my friend's mini-van (they didn't even give him shotgun!) and head over to an Irish bar for a couple more drinks, pool, etc. Crosby picked up everyone's tab at the bar, and was really cool and low key according to my friend.

Daddy Mario wouldn't be too happy about all that drinking!

Seriously though, that's a pretty cool story. He's never come off to me as a bad guy, I just hate that, as bunomatic said, he gets away with a lot on the ice. Overall though my dislike of Crosby isn't so much about Crosby, as about the coverage and marketing he gets. The NHL and its affiliates seriously make it seem like it's a 1 star league....when in reality, there's so many guys who should be getting so much more publicity, but they don't, because their name isn't Sidney Crosby. I know this isn't Crosby's fault, but still, it annoys me.

Has Crosby moved out of Mario's basement yet?

Yeah that happened a couple years back however just down the road in his own multi-million dollar mansion from M-daddy.

Just another example of his unparalleled "on ice awareness."

LMAO well played sir. :worthy:

That being said he is one chippy player that gets away with murder on the ice. Wayne had Semenko, Crosby has Crosby and the refs.

That is very true but IMO that all originally stems from Mario. He is the one that has gotten PGH preferential treatment from the league and Buttman. He is Canada's original favorite son. He has turned into quite the business man and took a bankrupt hockeys teams inability to pay him his multi-million dollar contract at the time into an ownership interest in what is now; a several hundred million dollar hockey team, keys to the city and partial ownership of the old and new arena in PGH paid by us Pa tax payers. Thats where Sids Hubrus really grew from.

Archived