Fight Night Sabres at Islanders 1/15/12

Weave

Finley at Martin  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose, Draw

• Win Finley
    • Win Martin
    • Draw

Man o man it has been awhile since we've had one of these. And I think this is the first Fight night after a road fight. Unless my memory is failing me all of my fight night threads have been on home games. Is that saying something? Maybe a thought for a separate thread. Anyway, here it is.

Pretty wide open bout. Both fighters got plenty of shots in. Finley definitely got more of them to land. None of them seemed to do much damage though (for either fighter really). Finley did land 4 or 5 in a row there when Martin ran out of gas. Then Finley pooped out and Martin got a couple more shots in, but by then Finley had a pretty sizeable advantage in shots landed. Big Joe did a real good job of locking Martin out and preventing most from landing. Decent fight overall. WIn Finley.

The best thing I like about this fight, is that I believe that it was Finley going after Martin due to the hit he delivered on Roy (1:13). It wasn't like Finley was picking on some little weakling either, Martin is pretty big himself and a brawler. Good Job Joe.

Archived