Passion/Energy

RazielSabre

I like the spunk....but it's more like needing a 3.0 to get into graduate school and the boys pulled a 2.9, 2.5, 2.3 and have a 3.8 with the final exam to come and counting for 20%.

Then once you get in....y'all still need to pass to get the goods.

I'm not begrudging excitement......it's over the top at this point. With this crew, and Pitt, Philly, NYR and 2 vs. Toronto...pretty much 4 away games and 5 or 6 points if solid. I'm happy with getting there if it happens since Status Quo is a given, but it's like saying you've never felt better after an ice cream headache goes away. You are just happy with getting rid of the pain.

How about Ron Paul as Vice President vs. Sabres making conference finals?

Miller is a whole issue on it's own. He's getting a bit skinny now...not bad yet, but any run is going to be out of the question.

I think it is bad juju to bet against the home team in the playoffs, but if I catch a -150 on Ny against Buffalo....I can't leave it sitting there. 4 or 5 games in my opinion. The playoffs are a different animal. How many Sabres have you heard now tell the media that they are playing better because there were no expectations? Roy did it...Miller did it.....it's a lot more than a trend..it's reality with these guys.

Again, I love spring weather and hockey. I like letting the kids have their fun...but grabbing 16th overall in the league is being met with roses and candy....and the hold on it is questionable.

It is, but would you expect it to be any other way on a message board about this team?

The people that post here are rabid fans (even DeLuca, I think ;)) and it's been a while since they've had the opportunity to really enjoy this team. While celebrations are premature at this point as they could still go 2-3 down the stretch end end up in 9th, with the way they've been playing I just don't see that happening and I don't think sensing excitement with this team is premature.

This team has been rounding into shape nicely since the trade deadline and arguably since the AS break. Miller has looked like Miller since the AS break (and I agree with you that they've been riding him too hard to expect him to be able to keep up this level of play through 24 or so playoff games) and the D has been playing up to their preseason billing. Hopefully Ehrhoff is only out a short while and they don't lose the mojo with Weber back in for a few (if he's only out for 3 or 4 games, I expect they'll be fine, Weber played very well his last 2 starts).

While I'm not completely sold on the forwards, we're seeing glimpses of what this team could be if they did have that 1 real center that people have been clamoring for and the power forward that it's been so obvious they need. What's not to be excited about? IF Ennis and Hodgson can man the top 2 'scoring' lines and Pominville can lead the team, I'm even ok with Roy centering the 'checking' Pominville line. (The B's showed last year, and the Sabres did as well right out of the lockout, that 3 solid+ #2 C's can be equal to a more traditional 1, 2, 3.) I love the way how Leino seems to get under the skin of every opponent he faces. Foligno will have growing pains, but when he figures it out for real, he'll be fun to watch. I still think they need a vet power forward to ease those growing pains and round out all 3 lines, but we're seeing glimses of what a move or two could mean. And it would be nice to win an important faceoff on occassion.

Except for possibly a couple of members of the sunshine and kitten crew, nobody expects the Sabres to hoist the Chalice this season. But they ARE VEEERRRY darkhorse contenders. They SEEM to be learning how to win, I'm hoping they don't falter over the next 10 or so days so we get a chance to find out if they in fact are. Hopefully they beat the Pens tomorrow so they both are closer to being in the dance and have made it that much more likely they don't have to get manhandled by them in that 1st one.

It is, but would you expect it to be any other way on a message board about this team?

The people that post here are rabid fans (even DeLuca, I think ;)) and it's been a while since they've had the opportunity to really enjoy this team. While celebrations are premature at this point as they could still go 2-3 down the stretch end end up in 9th, with the way they've been playing I just don't see that happening and I don't think sensing excitement with this team is premature.

This team has been rounding into shape nicely since the trade deadline and arguably since the AS break. Miller has looked like Miller since the AS break (and I agree with you that they've been riding him too hard to expect him to be able to keep up this level of play through 24 or so playoff games) and the D has been playing up to their preseason billing. Hopefully Ehrhoff is only out a short while and they don't lose the mojo with Weber back in for a few (if he's only out for 3 or 4 games, I expect they'll be fine, Weber played very well his last 2 starts).

While I'm not completely sold on the forwards, we're seeing glimpses of what this team could be if they did have that 1 real center that people have been clamoring for and the power forward that it's been so obvious they need. What's not to be excited about? IF Ennis and Hodgson can man the top 2 'scoring' lines and Pominville can lead the team, I'm even ok with Roy centering the 'checking' Pominville line. (The B's showed last year, and the Sabres did as well right out of the lockout, that 3 solid+ #2 C's can be equal to a more traditional 1, 2, 3.) I love the way how Leino seems to get under the skin of every opponent he faces. Foligno will have growing pains, but when he figures it out for real, he'll be fun to watch. I still think they need a vet power forward to ease those growing pains and round out all 3 lines, but we're seeing glimses of what a move or two could mean. And it would be nice to win an important faceoff on occassion.

Except for possibly a couple of members of the sunshine and kitten crew, nobody expects the Sabres to hoist the Chalice this season. But they ARE VEEERRRY darkhorse contenders. They SEEM to be learning how to win, I'm hoping they don't falter over the next 10 or so days so we get a chance to find out if they in fact are. Hopefully they beat the Pens tomorrow so they both are closer to being in the dance and have made it that much more likely they don't have to get manhandled by them in that 1st one.

Three weeks ago, the Sabres were 200 to 1 long shots to win the Stanley Cup. Now, they are 38 to 1. (not that I expect that).

Whatever...

I'm going along for the ride. I don't really care at this point. The team is what it is and nothing is going to change now so you might as well sit back and see what happens. No trades being made, no signings, nothing. This team is set in stone now and short of pulling a Lamoriello and firing Ruff today that's the way it will stay.

This bellyaching about whether they are for real or not.. I suppose it's fun if you have nothing better to do but I'd much prefer to save it for as later as possible.

Outside of the Sylvestre/Gare influence I have not felt compelled to switch of a Sabres game for some time now. I'm happy about that because 2 months ago I was good for about 1 period most nights before I considered a waste of my time to continue watching.

I'm with you.

The Stanley Cup isn't so much won as it is survived.

First thing is first, survive to make the playoffs.

Then you concentrate on the matchup and survive.

If, and it is still very much an if, they get to the postseason, I don't expect them to be an easy out.

Well stated.

Archived