The Underarm Sweatstains on the Jersey

Marvelo

This has been the most embarrassing year to be a Sabres fan.

Besides the obvious woes of the team, one of the persistent things that ticks me off is that sweatstain on the underarm of the white jersey.

What were they thinking? It's a little flaw, but it's the stupidest looking thing on a sports jersey I ever saw. It seems the players are almost too embarrassed to raise their arms.

This appears to be an easy thing to change. Please change it! Or get some serious pit spray.

This has been the most embarrassing year to be a Sabres fan.

Besides the obvious woes of the team, one of the persistent things that ticks me off is that sweatstain on the underarm of the white jersey.

What were they thinking? It's a little flaw, but it's the stupidest looking thing on a sports jersey I ever saw. It seems the players are almost too embarrassed to raise their arms.

This appears to be an easy thing to change. Please change it! Or get some serious pit spray.

I'm guessing that's why they're trying their best to avoid goal scoring celebrations.

GO SABRES!!!

That's cool, I can tolerate another point of view without getting defensive. You have a right to it. But on the other hand, it seems completely foreign to me, like from another planet.

At least we can agree to disagree. It definitely veers off the common path of NHL jerseys, that's for sure. It is also easy to get frustrated with every little thing about this team, I'm no different.

I'm guessing that's why they're trying their best to avoid goal scoring celebrations.

GO SABRES!!!

They're doing an excellent job at this.

The armpit patches are awful. The people who designed the Sabres jerseys starting in 2006 were apparently convinced that having random blobs of color on the jersey for no apparent reason is awesome. The Sabres also have the weird curved piping that goes up the sides of the jersey, onto the chest, and then ends at the armpit stains. It just clutters things up and serves no real purpose.

If they had kept the yellow "B with a Sword" alternate logo on the shoulders, they'd have some reference to every uniform they've ever worn on their current home/road set. Naturally, they ditched that but decided to keep the armpit stains around. They also decided to take the original 1970 logo and outline EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT in silver (the buffalo, the swords, the inner circle, the outer circle, and even the lines above and below the buffalo) which clutters up a classic logo.

The Sabres are just a couple tweaks away from having perfect uniforms. They just need to simplify and change their midnight blue to something halfway between navy blue and royal blue. They could get this right while we're waiting for them to ever have a real roster again.

anyone know if there's an actual purpose for the sweatstain?

If I remember correctly, those sweat stain patches are a different material that is more breathable than the rest of the uni. Still, it could have been the same color as the rest of the sweater.

I'm still living on happy because the slug is gone. No complaints here.

Archived