NESN

hopeleslyobvious

I am watching the Boston Atlanta game, and Gill got his stick up on Slater (I think...doesn't really matter), clearly a high stick to the face, and Boston's color commentator starts going on about players faking is one of his pet peeves in the new NHL...Just further proof they are some of the biggest homers in the league.

I am watching the Boston Atlanta game, and Gill got his stick up on Slater (I think...doesn't really matter), clearly a high stick to the face, and Boston's color commentator starts going on about players faking is one of his pet peeves in the new NHL...Just further proof they are some of the biggest homers in the league.

The worst has to be that Stan Fishler or something like that. He does the Devils games. He treats calls against the Devils like they are sins against god. :o

The worst has to be that Stan Fishler or something like that. He does the Devils games. He treats calls against the Devils like they are sins against god. :o

Ahh, yes, the Maven. Hockey's very own gossip columnist. As if hockey needed a friggin' gossip columnist. <_<

I'm with you on the Boston announcers. I'm in NC and watch the boys on Center Ice. I got the Boston guys for BOTH games of the home and home last week. The biggest fanboys I've ever heard. Every time a Sabre went down it was diving.

The worst game was earlier this year a few games before the Olympic break against either Tampa Bay or Florida. I want to say it was Florida, but anyway, they had a backup announcer because their regular guy (who sucks too) was out. Let's just say that it was very obvious why this guy wasn't the regular play by play guy.

The worst game was earlier this year a few games before the Olympic break against either Tampa Bay or Florida. I want to say it was Florida, but anyway, they had a backup announcer because their regular guy (who sucks too) was out. Let's just say that it was very obvious why this guy wasn't the regular play by play guy.

Wait, it gets worse?

Here's one for you...not only are they homers, they don't even know the rules of the NHL!

About a week ago, Sens @ Bruins in OT, Sens get a penalty so it's 4-3. With less than 2 mins to go in OT, a Bruins player gets pulled down but no call. Dale Arnold, the NESN PBP guy for home games says "...The Senators ought to just keep pulling Bruins players down. After all they are already one man down and can't get another penalty."

So the next day, Arnold is doing his midday show on WEEI. A caller calls in to explain to him that in OT, if a second penalty is called, the team on the power play gets a 5th man. Arnold begins to call that guy an idiot, proclaiming that "OT is supposed to be 4-on-4 and nothing else!" The caller tried again to explain that a two-man advantage was the exception to the rule because a team can't play with less than 3 skaters, yet penalties still have to be called. Arnold still insisted he was right.

The caller, now irate at Arnold said "...you get PAID to do Bruins games, Dale, and you don't even know the damn rules?!?!" At which Anrold hung up on him.

His talk show ended so there was no chance to call him. I wrote him an e-mail, as I'm sure many others did, telling him the caller was right, but I have gotten no acknowledgement. I'm sure by now someone must have set him straight and he feels like a fool. And if he doesn't, he ought to.

PTR

PTR

Archived