[OT] Vietnam in HD on History Channel

Weave

Thanks. I'll watch even though it will make me angry

I don't have cable, but I was planning on watching it as soon as it was posted on History.com.

But tonight, I watched some clips on the website, and I don't know if I am going to be able to handle the production of this particular doc. Too much dramatic music takes away from it for me.

The quintessential Vietnam Doc for me is WGBH's Vietnam: A Television History.

I don't have cable, but I was planning on watching it as soon as it was posted on History.com.

But tonight, I watched some clips on the website, and I don't know if I am going to be able to handle the production of this particular doc. Too much dramatic music takes away from it for me.

The quintessential Vietnam Doc for me is WGBH's Vietnam: A Television History.

This is pretty good, too. I'm very families with the WGBH series, simply excellent. "Vietnam, the Ten Thousand Day War" is one I believe I have also watched years ago?? I have the book but the tv series was different as I remember. talked about how the vets were treated after the war.

Tom Cruise was part of a fantastic movie on Nam that was so good, so sad and so infuriating. Born on the fourth of july. Cruise was a ctually decent in it, but it was well done, imo. That f'n war was just so maddening and crazy. The politicians are to blame, democracy failed, the people failed, just a horrible mistake with blame all around, deems, relive, communique, French, etc., etc,....

I was born in 1980. My interest in the history of the Vietnam war comes from trying to understand what directly proceeded (and influenced) the times I was born and raised in.

I even took it so far as to spend a month in Vietnam two years ago.

I've always wanted to go there. That's so cool you went. I was born on the day that Martin Luther King came out against the war with his speech about how the "promises of the great society have been squandered on the fields of Vietnam..." or words to that affect.

Talk to young people today and they think the 60''s were all happy music and pot smoking! Gees!!!

Archived