Sabres to promote heavily with Penn State

Two or less

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Julie-Robenhymer/We-ArePENN-STATE-and-soon-to-be-Buffalo-South/99/37029

They plan to host a combination of Sabres development camps, training camps and pre-season games once the new building is complete.

Cool idea. I remember a few people were wondering after Pegula bought the team if they were gonna go play at the rink that Pegula build....

I admit i am not a huge follower of college hockey, but i think all the panic about superconferences and such is over the top. Another big school like penn state comitting resources to hockey can only be a good thing for the sport. Sure, maybe it just got tougher for the Denvers and Ferris States (or whoever, i don't know the details for everyone) of the world to win it all, but the more schools handing out scholarships and growing the game, the better.

And on a side note, Pegula may have killed college hockey. There's so much craziness going on out west now thanks to Penn State.

I don't buy it, though. The whole argument about bigger gate draws when "Popular Team X" shows up might work with the Yankees: their fans are everywhere. Are there really a huge number of North Dakota fans in Denver that show up when they play there?

I don't buy it, though. The whole argument about bigger gate draws when "Popular Team X" shows up might work with the Yankees: their fans are everywhere. Are there really a huge number of North Dakota fans in Denver that show up when they play there?

North Dakota fans travel incredibly well. I have no idea why though. Maybe because they have a big time aviation college. Who knows.

Anyway, with these two new super conferences, I don't know how the remnants of the CCHA and WCHA are going to survive long term. There will be little incentive for anyone other to play them. The sport will live on just fine, but a few programs will probably wind up dropping off the map.

Archived