Connolly Update / Myers Update

Warriorspikes51

"Regier's exact quote on 19 today, "I talked to his agent today, I'll talk to him again in the next few days and we'll see."

via Paul Hamilton :blink: :wacko:

"You might be happier to know they will start talks with Myers agt next month"

via Paul Hamilton :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Anyone else hoping "we'll see" basically means probably not or "no".

In regards to pursuit of a Top Center;

"@pham22758 do you think they'll continue to look for a number one or just keep these guys and say they're top centers?"

"@SSomerville29 No they're still looking for the #1 guy"

via Paul Hamilton

also of note: Darcy has not spoken to Montador's agent.

My pants are getting bigger.

Vinny and Marleau could be the most realistic in terms of their team looking to move them.

If we can snag a #1 center without giving up Ennis, Enroth, Kassian, Foligno, McNabb.....that would be just awesome.

Throw away all the picks you have to. I suspect Darcy already has thought about including both 2012 2nd's in a deal. Also we can live without Luke Adam and Pysyk. Both of whom could be looked at very favorably by other teams. Feaster was excited about Butler and Byron.... so who knows.

Vinny and Marleau could be the most realistic in terms of their team looking to move them.

If we can snag a #1 center without giving up Ennis, Enroth, Kassian, Foligno, McNabb.....that would be just awesome.

Throw away all the picks you have to. I suspect Darcy already has thought about including both 2012 2nd's in a deal. Also we can live without Luke Adam and Pysyk. Both of whom could be looked at very favorably by other teams. Feaster was excited about Butler and Byron.... so who knows.

Anything can happen when you negotiate with cap-hindered teams. Calgary pretty much gave us Regehr, Kotalik and a 2nd for nothing.

The ideal lineup for next year would have a player acquired via trade as #1 C or Richards. Also a 3rd line Center via trade or a UFA pickup.

It's hard for me to fathom but I would have no problem with Richards, Marleau or LeCavalier. Marleau might make the most sense being in the western conference.

It's hard for me to fathom but I would have no problem with Richards, Marleau or LeCavalier. Marleau might make the most sense being in the western conference.

Everyone knows I have that perpetual man-wood for Richards, but either of those other two guys would HUGELY improve this club.

My post on another thread is relevant here, so I'll repeat it.

Connolly's signing will (or should) be determined by how successful they are at getting a true nr. 1 center and how much that will cost. Speaking of which, like who? Obviously Richards, but he's definitely going to be overpaid by whatever team he joins.

After that, what? Trade. And even then you have to find a good nr. 1 center a team is willing to deal...not many of those around.

Now if you consider Roy a nr. 1 center (I don't), then just finding a nr. 2 is much easier. Weiss...Talbot... Anisimov...etc.

If we sign a "#1 Center" we could easily have 2 centermen who finish the season in the top 20 in points. As much as this board likes to ignore Roy's production over the past 4 seasons, we would have the statistical simulation of Vancouver's Roster if we signed a top center and another top 4 D-man. The only difference being we'll have an insane introvert goalie as opposed to an insane extrovert goalie.

Im so far away from Timmay that I applaud when he gets hit. However...as much as we dont like him and he rightly so doesn't like us, I may look at him differently if he is my thrid line center, and knows it. I think that might be the only way that I would change my perception of him. Of course that means we land Richards. I think Tim's value becomes entirely different if he is my third line center.

But I think he will want out and get paid more somewhere else anyways so it's probably a moot point.

Archived