[OT] - "Send 'em up, I'll wait!"

LGR4GM

Much thanks to your brother for what he does. What branch is he in? I'm an armybrat myself. My mom has served in the army for 25 years, and my grandfather served for 33 between the Army Special forces (Green berets) and MP's (1 too many concussions from jumping out of planes forced him elsewhere).

Thanks. He's Army Nat Guard. SFC in 2nd Squadron, 101st Cav. Family is split between Army/Navy, my grandfather was Army, all my uncles were Navy, my dad was Army and a Vietnam Vet, my other brother was Navy.

Thanks. He's Army Nat Guard. SFC in 2nd Squadron, 101st Cav. Family is split between Army/Navy, my grandfather was Army, all my uncles were Navy, my dad was Army and a Vietnam Vet, my other brother was Navy.

Wow. You come from a military heavy family! Much thanks to all your family that's served!

Army 1st Lt. John M. Runkle.

He died in Afghanistan on May 26, the day our first grandchild was born. My stepson the new father made it home from his tour in Afghanistan last October, thank God, but John wasn't so lucky. John was 27 years old, we knew him when he worked for us during his teen years in the E.T. shack at our little race track. He was a great kid, quiet, reliable. My husband was very fond of John, he gave him one of our track trucks when he left our employ years ago. On our way to join the town for his arrival I saw my husband cry for only the third time since I met him 23 years ago. John comes from a small town in Ohio, West Salem, and that small town was turned upside down by this. They quickly recovered, though, and honored him in fantastic and loving ways. When they flew his body home, the procession came up state route 42 for 20 miles and there were just crowds of people lining the way with signs and flags. The patriot guard (google them) accompanied his casket and family from the time he arrived until we laid him to rest last Wednesday in Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery. They are great guys...no protesters anywhere, but they were ready, just in case.

John's mom Chris accepted his Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

Did I mention he was 27 years old?

Thanks for listening guys. My post may be a little disjointed but I appreciate having a forum to express my thoughts. I havent spoken much about this...it is all so sad. Thanks for letting me let it out.

Fourth of July weekend, we will be drag racing, like we have for the past 20 years or so. We will remember John...I am finding myself riding my golfcart by the E.T. shack a lot this past week. The kid working in there now must think I'm checking up on him a little too much :blush: I planted some flags down there, and we put up a sign...John was such a good young man.

God bless our soldiers.

Army 1st Lt. John M. Runkle .

He died in Afghanistan on May 26, the day our first grandchild was born. My stepson the new father made it home from his tour in Afghanistan last October, thank God, but John wasn't so lucky. John was 27 years old, we knew him when he worked for us during his teen years in the E.T. shack at our little race track. He was a great kid, quiet, reliable. My husband was very fond of John, he gave him one of our track trucks when he left our employ years ago. On our way to join the town for his arrival I saw my husband cry for only the third time since I met him 23 years ago. John comes from a small town in Ohio, West Salem, and that small town was turned upside down by this. They quickly recovered, though, and honored him in fantastic and loving ways. When they flew his body home, the procession came up state route 42 for 20 miles and there were just crowds of people lining the way with signs and flags. The patriot guard (google them) accompanied his casket and family from the time he arrived until we laid him to rest last Wednesday in Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery. They are great guys...no protesters anywhere, but they were ready, just in case.

John's mom Chris accepted his Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

Did I mention he was 27 years old?

Thanks for listening guys. My post may be a little disjointed but I appreciate having a forum to express my thoughts. I havent spoken much about this...it is all so sad. Thanks for letting me let it out.

Fourth of July weekend, we will be drag racing, like we have for the past 20 years or so. We will remember John...I am finding myself riding my golfcart by the E.T. shack a lot this past week. The kid working in there now must think I'm checking up on him a little too much :blush: I planted some flags down there, and we put up a sign...John was such a good young man.

God bless our soldiers.

Many thoughts and prayers, Ohiofan. The patriot guard is a great group, too bad they have to exist because of wackos out there.

God bless all the young men and women making the ultimate sacrifice.

the irony of it all is the stupid protesters can only protest because the ppl who have served over seas to protect that freedom... seriously though the westboro baptist bozos should be put down, with a gun, and some c4, and maybe a small tactical nuclear weapon... freaking delta bravos. :death:

Archived