Alamo Mode

Marvelo

Even though the Sabs were 29-11 down the stretch, there was alot of maddening Alamo Mode play down the stretch. (icing the puck when playing with the lead etc) Note: it doesn't work. Anyone who plays this style game with a lead is either out of the playoffs or on their way out...and for good reason.

Even though the Sabs were 29-11 down the stretch, there was alot of maddening Alamo Mode play down the stretch. (icing the puck when playing with the lead etc) Note: it doesn't work. Anyone who plays this style game with a lead is either out of the playoffs or on their way out...and for good reason.

Any stats to back this up?

Any stats to back this up?

Alamo Mode isn't my term, someone on the board made it up. I don't have stats, you can';t, but all you have to do is look at the d run around in their own end, making bad passes, icing it etc. It was employed as sort of a strategy through many games, and playoff games too. You just had to watch the games to see.

Alamo Mode isn't my term, someone on the board made it up. I don't have stats, you can';t, but all you have to do is look at the d run around in their own end, making bad passes, icing it etc. It was employed as sort of a strategy through many games, and playoff games too. You just had to watch the games to see.

...phillies forecheck.

What other teams play this style?

...phillies forecheck.

... was only effective because the Sabres always have five guys low in their own zone.

It's easy to pin them in there, especially in the 2nd period with the long change.

A sustained forecheck rarely works through 3 periods, let alone 7 games, because it's tough to play physically, and coaches usually adjust to it, and find ways to exit their own zone.

Ruff didn't, and rarely does. He doesn't appear bothered by it.

Archived