Enroth

Marvelo

Tons of teams think they have their goalie of the future coming up just like Enroth, so it is a buyer's market . There are several young goalies who have shown more in the NHL who could also be available (Schneider in Van, Bernier in LA, Either of the Washington guys, Lindback in Nash, to name a few) ... why would anyone pay a premium for Enroth? He has been solid but nothing so special to think someone would give up much for him over someone else in trade. Plus if they did deal him, they have to go out and find a backup and possibly pay a veteran more than Enroth would cost ... unless they are blown away by an offer, no reason to look at moving him.

Tons of teams think they have their goalie of the future coming up just like Enroth, so it is a buyer's market . There are several young goalies who have shown more in the NHL who could also be available (Schneider in Van, Bernier in LA, Either of the Washington guys, Lindback in Nash, to name a few) ... why would anyone pay a premium for Enroth? He has been solid but nothing so special to think someone would give up much for him over someone else in trade. Plus if they did deal him, they have to go out and find a backup and possibly pay a veteran more than Enroth would cost ... unless they are blown away by an offer, no reason to look at moving him.

I think there are certainly some teams in the market for a young up and coming goaltender, I would suspect. I think Florida may have some interest with Vokoun being a UFA. I think Tamapa Bay might have interest as Roloson is really old and they clearly are not enamored with Mike Smith to the point they waived him and sent him to the AHL. I would imagine Edmonton might be looking into buying out Khabibhulin as he's been horrendous since he got there. I could also see the Islanders going after a goalie in the guaranteed situation that Rick Dipietro gets injured as he will get injured again for sure for an extended period of time like he does every year. So, I think it's fair to say there are some teams out there that are in the market for a goaltender. I'm not saying the Sabres could get a nice trade out of it, but wouldn't it be nice to get like a Grabner from the Islanders for Enroth in a trade? That would be sweet.

I think Enroth has certainly proven that he is capable of playing at the NHL level and probably deserves a shot to be a backup somewhere. But, I think goalies generally are not really ready to be starters until they are about 24-25 or unless they are exceptional, and I don't see Enroth as exceptional, at least not yet.

Either way, I'm still not sure I understand how this impacts the number of call-ups available to the Sabres till the end of the season. Given the limited number of call-ups remaining, I suspect Enroth does not go down as there are a number of back-to-backs remaining or he get sent down after the next set of back-to-backs only to be called up later for another set of back-to-backs. I'm not sure how this whole thing works, but I know the Sabres have fewer call-ups available to them, and this may impact the goalie situation, but I don't know.

Enroth reminds me so much of Donny Edwards.

Who I believe used to mumble to himself during stoppages:

"I'm Six by Four, I'm a board, I'm a board, I'm Six by Four, I'm a board, I'm a board."

He kind of reminds me of Villemure too.

Gotta love a good Mika Noronen reference.

Not sure that was a Noronen reference or was he was talking about what teams were willing to offer Gillis in Vancouver for their good backup? Maybe I read it wrong but Vancouver has a backup thats ready to be a number 1 and apparently teams were offering next to nothing for him.

Archived