Someone from SS should try to get in to the presser

PASabreFan

So, Eleven, only serious journalists should get a press pass? No cheering from the media?

http://wgr550.com/SCHOPP--Go-Sabres--Right--Whoops-/8669316?pid=38892

As an aside, the angling for future Sabres' broadcast rights seems to have begun in earnest. Just days ago, Schopp was talking about how disrespectul it was for Pegula to talk about winning multiple Cups. Now it's "yay Tyler!"

So, Eleven, only serious journalists should get a press pass? No cheering from the media?

http://wgr550.com/SCHOPP--Go-Sabres--Right--Whoops-/8669316?pid=38892

As an aside, the angling for future Sabres' broadcast rights seems to have begun in earnest. Just days ago, Schopp was talking about how disrespectul it was for Pegula to talk about winning multiple Cups. Now it's "yay Tyler!"

I'm not sure what your point is. If your point is that Mike Schopp isn't of enough stature to warrant a press pass, you're wrong.

If your point is that I said media can't be fans, you're also wrong; I didn't say that.

What IS your point?

I'm not sure what your point is. If your point is that Mike Schopp isn't of enough stature to warrant a press pass, you're wrong.

If your point is that I said media can't be fans, you're also wrong; I didn't say that.

What IS your point?

You made it sound like you had to be Edward R. Murrow to get a press pass.

"I know we have some knowledgeable people here who are also very good writers. But that doesn't make 'em professional journalists, PA! That's who the press passes are for."

Schopp's not a professional journalist. And not part of the working "press" on game nights. He's an opinionated radio host on the Sabres flagship station who all of a sudden has found the blue and gold religion.

Point -- does there really have to be one?

"Media inquires can be directed to Michael Gilbert at 716-855-4526 or email at Michael.Gilbert@Sabres.com or Ben Bouma at 412-337-2705 or email at icer7@verizon.net."

Hey, aren't we "the media"?

Say we have a few questions our posters have posed. Would be interesting to see what the reply would be. I'd try Ben Bouma.

Probably would have to be a moderator-level person. Anyone local? chz?

Let's see if the new regime's way of dealing with the fans who post, blog, write, own sites, etc. -- is any different than the last.

It's worth a shot.

I nominate Chz. :thumbsup:

You made it sound like you had to be Edward R. Murrow to get a press pass.

"I know we have some knowledgeable people here who are also very good writers. But that doesn't make 'em professional journalists, PA! That's who the press passes are for."

Schopp's not a professional journalist. And not part of the working "press" on game nights. He's an opinionated radio host on the Sabres flagship station who all of a sudden has found the blue and gold religion.

Point -- does there really have to be one?

I made it sound like you had to be Edward R. Murrow? Really?

He is a professional journalist, although he is not a reporter (cf. Sully). And it doesn't matter if he's part of the working "press" on game nights--I'll bet, for example, that there were business journalists there, but they don't cover Sabres games on game nights, either.

I made it sound like you had to be Edward R. Murrow? Really?

He is a professional journalist, although he is not a reporter (cf. Sully). And it doesn't matter if he's part of the working "press" on game nights--I'll bet, for example, that there were business journalists there, but they don't cover Sabres games on game nights, either.

Are Click and Clack journalists?

I read SabreSpace (obviously), but there is no blogging/writing content here. It's a discussion board and a news aggregator. I do read ArtVoice's sports column almost every week. I don't know which has more readers. I suspect ArtVoice. WNY Hockey Magazine is hard to find.

If it is something people would want - I would publish it. I have had all kinds of plans, but landing someone worthy of being read and committed to doing this isn't easy.

If it is something people would want - I would publish it. I have had all kinds of plans, but landing someone worthy of being read and committed to doing this isn't easy.

Frankly, I think your current format is great. Published articles to the left; our inane ramblings to the right.

Archived