Tampa, Atlanta and the Rangers v Sabres

Dave Dryden

At this point, anyone who constatntly wants to hammer happy thoughts about this team probably desrves to be in a pastel one piece dress in Waco.

Many of the regulars and many of the quality posters who used to be much more positive, sometimes in instances I felt they shouldn't have, are now looking at the team in a more critical light. The Pegula story really pointed that out to me. The first few times you are fed leftovers in the cafeteria, they can taste pretty good and you may not even know they were leftovers unless you were in the kitchen or knew the chefs. But as time wears on, and the same food is served in different forms.....everyone begins to question if they are getting their money's worth. Sooner or later you are going to get sick on it, or just leave the table alltogether.

The Sabres aren't your 8 year old's hockey team. If my kid is gretting shelled 8-2 every game but he still likes hockey and has fun playing, I will encourage him that things will get better and I will keep working with him. I will never say to quit and will try to make the experience as positive as possible. The Sabres are supposed to be grown men who know the difference between right and wrong, courageous and cowardly, and how to play hockey. Most of them make millions of dollars a year.....the same dollars that we as fans hand over to them. Also taking the money of the fans are a quartet of management that have a history and a body of work available for the public to evaluate. The more history...the less that needs to be forecasted. The results speak for themself.

I can't tell you one regular poster here that would be negative if an owner came in who spent to the cap, and hired a GM who would show up to the office every day trying to improve the team, and that team consisted of a coach and players who gave 100% effort every game and didn't have a list of cliches the size of a Harry Potter book. This place would go bonkers.

We've had pretty much the same crew in control for 13 years. Much like a 5 year old who leaves the house at 18....if you only know one thing in your life, you may have no idea you grew up with a dysfunctional family.

Real mature first sentence. I don't think anyone can possibly be hammering happy comments or thoughts about the team at this point but good job on making another inappropriate comment. You have kids? Wow. You do have a creative mind though creating that cafeteria leftovers comparison. Seriously, I got a kick out of it.

You are a mystery wrapped in an enigma inside a fortune cookie stuffed into a gigantic blooming onion.

How someone so knowledgeable about the game can be so (seemingly) content with the way things are puzzles me.

I like you though.

Just because I don't share the perception, doesn't mean I don't understand it. It isn't uncommon.

I do think that there have been players/free agents that haven't been signed that could have improved the team.

The one that bothers me the most: Mike Cammalleri. I think they passed on him because they saw the league returning to bigger players that year and thought they had too many mites.

Real mature first sentence. I don't think anyone can possibly be hammering happy comments or thoughts about the team at this point but good job on making another inappropriate comment. You have kids? Wow. You do have a creative mind though creating that cafeteria leftovers comparison. Seriously, I got a kick out of it.

I don't even think you are "hammering" happy thoughts, you are just trying to understand why some people come across as so negative if they are fans. There are probably 15 regular posters that would have said the same thing you are about 2 years ago, but now they have seen the boat sail further down the river and may have done some re-evaluation of their stance on the way the team operates.

In the first sentence, I just wanted to use the word pastel. For some reason that word comes to mind when we talk Sabres.

I don't even think you are "hammering" happy thoughts, you are just trying to understand why some people come across as so negative if they are fans. There are probably 15 regular posters that would have said the same thing you are about 2 years ago, but now they have seen the boat sail further down the river and may have done some re-evaluation of their stance on the way the team operates.

In the first sentence, I just wanted to use the word pastel. For some reason that word comes to mind when we talk Sabres.

HAHAHAHAAH, ok fair enough.

Interesting timing for this article.. Came out today about being popular when negative

A snippet: "According to a study by U.K. research group Statistical Cybermetrics, cyberspace citizens are overwhelmingly attracted to the negative. (Gasp!)"

Very interesting, I guess that's why the news always goes for the negative as well.

Look positive, negative, you say 'toe may toe' I say 'to mah to', yep that what this board is for. The trolls that come in and need some smack down, right on I'm behind it and all for it.

My only point in jumping in earlier in this thread was to point out to remember to allow each other to have that different opinion and discourse w/o making it sound personal. Probably not intended but it was easy to see posters that are long time members maybe infrequent poster and all welcome to have an opinion as well.

Frustrations with this team get the better of us all sometimes and that is what makes us all fans. (kumbaya music and lyrics playing softly in the background). :unsure:

Now, let me see, :unsure: tracking the voices in my head, yes I'm negative about this teams current make up but positive I would still like to see them make the playoffs, negative about the grind it's going to take to get there but positive it could be entertaining right through the end so I will be negative and right about all the changes they should have but didn't make but positive I am not ready to become another teams fan living behind enemy lines here in the Pits berg.

Although I am positive I could like Sidney on the Sabres even though I hate Cindy on the Pens. Oh gotta go the nurses are bringing evening meds around.

Archived