Why Do I Have A Feeling

CallawaySabres

I just have a feeling that this is the year that Toronto is going to take the place of Ottawa for me. IF they get any goaltending, they should be pushing for a playoff spot. The good thing is that for the first time in years, I hate Montreal, Ottawa, Boston AND Toronto. Looking forward to a lot of heated games this year....

I just have a feeling that this is the year that Toronto is going to take the place of Ottawa for me. IF they get any goaltending, they should be pushing for a playoff spot. The good thing is that for the first time in years, I hate Montreal, Ottawa, Boston AND Toronto. Looking forward to a lot of heated games this year....

I never had that problem in terms of the rivalry with the laughs. They were in our division (the adams) in the first 10 years of the Sabres franschise but they got moved out by the league into the norris in 81 during the expansion years which geographically made no sense at all. I thought it was great when they moved them back because its as close to a subway series as we will ever get or in this case a QEW/Thruway series.

Callaway -- I mean no disrespect, but I think I think the publicity surrounding Brian Burke (who seems like a good guy albeit somewhat of a blowhard) makes everyone overrate the Leafs. I think they will stink again. Last year, they were 25th in scoring, 29th in defense, 30th on the PP and 30th shorthanded. They added Versteeg, who is a good player but not a star, and 2 dime-a-dozen guys in Colby Armstrong and Clarke MacArthur. They also didn't get anything for Kaberle, which seems like lousy GM work to me. They may or may not get respectable goaltending out of Giguere, who is 33 and whose play in Anaheim dropped off substantially in the last 2 years. I just don't see any reason to think they will approach respectability this year.

EDIT: not to mention that Kadri, their top prospect who they are really hoping will provide some offense, doesn't seem to be lighting the world on fire: check it out.

Callaway -- I mean no disrespect, but I think I think the publicity surrounding Brian Burke (who seems like a good guy albeit somewhat of a blowhard) makes everyone overrate the Leafs. I think they will stink again. Last year, they were 25th in scoring, 29th in defense, 30th on the PP and 30th shorthanded. They added Versteeg, who is a good player but not a star, and 2 dime-a-dozen guys in Colby Armstrong and Clarke MacArthur. They also didn't get anything for Kaberle, which seems like lousy GM work to me. They may or may not get respectable goaltending out of Giguere, who is 33 and whose play in Anaheim dropped off substantially in the last 2 years. I just don't see any reason to think they will approach respectability this year.

I think more than anything, the reason behind my statement has more to do with what their style of play is going to be like. Throw competition on top of that and it could get gritty...

Toronto won't push for anything. They are a terrible team. They still didn't find a #1 center for Kessel, they may be asking Kris Versteeg to play top line which is going way over his head, he played 3rd line in Chicago and was average. They lost a bunch of speed over the the summer and their defense is weak. Luke Schenn is over rated and like someone already said, Kadri is struggling.

Jim Kelley comparing Bills to the Leafs - http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/09/23/kelley_talent/

Archived