Fantasy Hockey

JJFIVEOH

I've only tried fantasy football a couple of times just for kicks. I'm not a die-hard fantasy sports fanatic. But, I've never tried hockey before. I know there are many out there hosted by different networks and organizations. What do y'all recommend? Are any of you signed up for any?

Last chance to get into our league. It's a $ league ($100). It's also the best league out there. I know, I've been in fantasy hockey for over 20 years.

Our draft is this Sunday (26th) at 6pm EDT. Email me at bullwinkle88@verizon.net if interested and I will send you the rules along with current player contracts.

I've only tried fantasy football a couple of times just for kicks. I'm not a die-hard fantasy sports fanatic. But, I've never tried hockey before. I know there are many out there hosted by different networks and organizations. What do y'all recommend? Are any of you signed up for any?

Hockey fantasy tends to be very involved, so don't get into it unless you're up to looking at rosters every day. There is nothing more frustrating in a league than a guy who joins then gives up a week in, or when his team starts tanking.

Hockey fantasy tends to be very involved, so don't get into it unless you're up to looking at rosters every day. There is nothing more frustrating in a league than a guy who joins then gives up a week in, or when his team starts tanking.

Why, wouldn't that just increase your chances of winning? I would think you'd want as many owners as possible to give up.

Why, wouldn't that just increase your chances of winning? I would think you'd want as many owners as possible to give up.

would that really give you a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment? that you won a league where eleven other owners gave up and you won? really?

In our league you can only make changes to your roster once a week. This minimizes the detail work some leagues require - as you said - on a daily basis. As much as I'm into hockey, even I don't follow my teams daily. That's another reason I like our league.

And if your team is tanking, there are always trades to be made.

I love fantasy hockey. The service I always use is Yahoo sports. Very easy to use, live scoring, lots of stats to sort out and it doesn't take much time at all. I used to play in more leagues but now i'm only down to 2 leagues a year. Sabrespace and a personal one with friends i grew up. It's an awesome part of technology because all these guys moved away, we have guys in Seattle, Boston, NYC, Albany and obviously between Buffalo and Rochester, 12 team league but 10 of the guys have been in it for 12 years. We don't talk with each other often but each year we know we'll play in a league together.

So some leagues are set up to make changes once a week and some are daily. Makes sense. I see Calvin's point. I guess joining a free league that's the risk you take. I'd hate to spend all the time trying to win and have it be a complete waste of time because there's nobody left to compete against. I'll check out Yahoo.

In our league you can only make changes to your roster once a week. This minimizes the detail work some leagues require - as you said - on a daily basis. As much as I'm into hockey, even I don't follow my teams daily. That's another reason I like our league.

And if your team is tanking, there are always trades to be made.

That is a good idea. I once played on an ESPN rotisserie scoring league, so you could change your starters up to 5 min before game time, which was actually useful if there were injuries and line changes and the like that you found out about during the gameday morning skate etc.

This time with Sabrespaceblue is my first on Yahoo, but I like that the slots on the forward positions are fixed, this way people cannot just load up on say 'Centers' and build up tonnes of points.

Fall gets hectic in the Fantasy world, with football and soccer going on too!

would that really give you a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment? that you won a league where eleven other owners gave up and you won? really?

No, but it would give me nice payday every year, and I could always join an additional league for all that other stuff :)

No, but it would give me nice payday every year, and I could always join an additional league for all that other stuff :)

right, cos you really think that people who would have money on a league would bail on their teams and quit. where are you from, LA?

Archived