81 of 82 Sabres games to be in HD

Two or less

Personally I find Danny to be very insightful. I was hoping that they would bring Danny back again this year and he and Robitaille could do the intermissions and the pre & post games without Sylvester! Guess that would be wishing for too much. :)

Im not saying he isn't insight ful. I would prefer him filling in for Robie than just about anyone actually. I'm just sayin his voice is made for books!

Side laugh, he sat beside me once and I had to ask him if remembers getting punched out by Billy Smith? :w00t: I said cause remember him sitiing on top of you just wailing away on you. He said great thanks, I do remember that. He was cool.

You do realize that he's still calling 74 games, plus playoffs? It's not like a football commentator taking 8 games off. As chz pointed out, he takes the long West Coast swing off each year; is that really so much?

To me, it just seems like part of the game to hear his voice. I'm not sure that I even catch each mistake, because I'm so focused on watching the game (which I can actually see) that my mind probably just corrects them. It's more about the tone of his call. I even miss it when I catch a live game.

Yes, I realize 82-8=74. Thanks.

Listen, I love the guy. His voice is the voice of hockey and always will be. But there were nights last season where he clearly labored to get out goal calls. I remember posting early in the season about how worried I was about his health. I'm not selfish enough to want a man of his age, in poor health, schlepping himself around North America, calling Adam Mair Lindy Ruff. I feel for the man. It seems like he wants to quit -- has hinted at it many times -- but can't walk away from it. Like Brett Favre, he should have gone out on top.

In a way, this plays into my overall view of the franchise. LQ has said several times he would have to talk Rick into coming back for another season. It's been portrayed as a little game the two play after every season. I think LQ knows full well Rick is the Buffalo Sabres, he is the brand, and on most nights he is the most entertaining thing about watching the Sabres, for those not in the arena.

I think ownership should fix the problems, and not rely on Rick.

In a way, this plays into my overall view of the franchise. LQ has said several times he would have to talk Rick into coming back for another season. It's been portrayed as a little game the two play after every season. I think LQ knows full well Rick is the Buffalo Sabres, he is the brand, and on most nights he is the most entertaining thing about watching the Sabres, for those not in the arena.

I think ownership should fix the problems, and not rely on Rick.

Good job Larry. Now you're killing a legend! Good job Larry.

Personally I find Danny to be very insightful. I was hoping that they would bring Danny back again this year and he and Robitaille could do the intermissions and the pre & post games without Sylvester! Guess that would be wishing for too much. :)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article197360.ece

Article says Robie is back for home games only.

Archived