Sabres elect to take Kaleta to arbitration

outlaw16511

Sean Avery 2009–10 New York Rangers NHL 69 11 20 31 160 — — — — — 4 million per year.

Patrick Kaleta 2009–10 Buffalo Sabres NHL 55 10 5 15 89 6 1 1 2 22 ?- per year.

I could see him getting 2 million a year maybe Darcy wants to keep him in line for a smaller raise. If another team throws an offer for him DR loses a decent asset for a pick if its between the (994,434 - $1,506,717 - 2010 3rd round pick) amount. This appears as DR trying to save 500k-750K. by limiting someone chance to offer 1506716 at PK.

If you want to make that comparison, you need to look at what Avery did BEFORE signing the deal. Admittedly, his 15-18-33 line in 57 isn't all that much different than last year's numbers (except the games played), but that contract still makes absolutely no sense. The Rangers are only picking up half of it though. So for once, they're not the villain here.

They actually call penalties in your 8 year old's league? I didn't think that actually happens.

At the Mite travel level (AA and AAA), the kids are very skilled and know exactly what they are doing. If you haven't seen 8 year olds play at this level, you should come out for a game. It is entertaining as ######.

As for penalties, they sure do call them. My younger son played in a AAA Mite Tournament in Ottawa two weeks ago. A kid on our team was crushed from behind. Should have been a match penalty, they only gave him a major.

At the house level, I don't think the refs are calling too many penalties.

If you want to make that comparison, you need to look at what Avery did BEFORE signing the deal. Admittedly, his 15-18-33 line in 57 isn't all that much different than last year's numbers (except the games played), but that contract still makes absolutely no sense. The Rangers are only picking up half of it though. So for once, they're not the villain here.

Fair enough. However a team still could make a play for him. That's the only rational conclusion I can come up with. The fact that he lead the team in hits and is a decent agitator leads me to believe that DR is afraid of losing him to an offer sheet.

At the Mite travel level (AA and AAA), the kids are very skilled and know exactly what they are doing. If you haven't seen 8 year olds play at this level, you should come out for a game. It is entertaining as ######.

As for penalties, they sure do call them. My younger son played in a AAA Mite Tournament in Ottawa two weeks ago. A kid on our team was crushed from behind. Should have been a match penalty, they only gave him a major.

At the house level, I don't think the refs are calling too many penalties.

8-year-olds checking from behind is entertaining?

Archived