Patty Lalime

JJFIVEOH

All I know about Patty Lalime is that I feel ridiculously uncomfortable while he is in net. It's not the soft goals so much, but the way he carries himself. He leaves the net like he is a defenseman, rather than a goaltender. Then when he gets out of the net, he becomes very non-decisive on what to do with the puck when playing it.

I don't know, he may have decent numbers for a backup, but I am ready to move on.

If they can bring in someone better, I'm all for it. No problem whatsoever.

I think this is what's happening. Darcy has not tapped Lalime as yet because he may need that money for a trade. If a trade occurs, he'll bring up Enroth. If not, he'll probably use the money to keep Lalime for another season and bring up Enroth next year.

Sounds plausible.

Enroth's cap hit s $850k. Lalime's was a million. This has absolutely nothing to do with money.

I don't know that it's a confidence issue, but it sure is a game experience issue. I think I write this at the beginning of every season: three games on, one game off for the starter. If there's one thing that Ruff does that drives me nuts, it's the management of the backup goalie.

Noronen's here: http://tinyurl.com/2g7evac

Ah right, thanks for that.

Archived