[OT] Best cheesesteak near Wachovia Center in Philly?

nfreeman

OK, so I got invited to the Philly-Montreal game tonight and (since I'd like to see another conference finals game in this lifetime) am road-tripping down to Philly this afternoon. My group wants to stop for a good cheesesteak before the game. We probably won't have too much time, so I'd like to go somewhere relatively close to the arena. If anyone knows the city and of course the cheesesteak options, I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

BTW, I will not be rooting for Philly, although I probably will applaud Briere.

The Arena is to far from the south street which is the cheesesteak mecca IMO.

If you were able to I would go to Pat's steaks. get it wit whiz. Tony Luc's is also a good steak..

South St would be a hike to walk, but if you were to stop on the way to the arena, that would work. It's only a mile or two from South St. to Wachovia Center. Pat's and Geno's are right across an intersection from each other on Passayunk Ave. They're both good (I prefered Geno's, but it's splitting hairs). The locals will tell you those are 'tourist' steaks, and some of the truly good ones come from Jim's on South St (not to be confused with Jim's Steak Out :)) or Tony Luke's at 39 East Oregon Avenue, Philadelphia, PA‎. Looking at it, Tony's Lukes isn't very far from the arena. I wouldn't walk it (it's like 3 miles and not a spectacular neighborhood), but I'd certainly stop there on the way. You could take them with you and tailgate. All the places mentioned don't have indoor seating anyways, just tables outside.

I wish I had seen this sooner...if anyone else is going to the Flyers game...here at the Steak deets...

Geno's sucks...Pat's is great...in Italian Market - not far from the Stadium complex...even in Buffalo terms...its a 10 minute drive. Not on "the South Street"... it's called South Street btw - don't confuse the name like we say "the Boulevard" for NFB...

1237 East Passyunk Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19147-5060

I wish I had seen this sooner...if anyone else is going to the Flyers game...here at the Steak deets...

Geno's sucks...Pat's is great...in Italian Market - not far from the Stadium complex...even in Buffalo terms...its a 10 minute drive. Not on "the South Street"... it's called South Street btw - don't confuse the name like we say "the Boulevard" for NFB...

1237 East Passyunk Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19147-5060

Thanks for correcting me.

Archived