Vezina Finalists

26CornerBlitz

Brodeur is a solid 3rd this year, IMO. It's a coin flip between Miller and Bryzgalov to me.

Brodeur has been an ironman when it comes to goalies, but this is not his year for the Vezina. Phoenix may have surprised a lot of people this year, given the fact that they just went through bankruptcy and incompetent ownership, so I think that Breezy is definitely a legitimate contender. And, as some people have said, we wouldn't be in the playoffs if it wasn't for Miller literally standing on his head.

I definitely agree with you about the coin flip. It's all going to come down to the votes from the sports writers.

I think Miller's worldwide exposure and level of play in the Olympics will put him over the top. Of course, these things shouldn't consciously factor into the voting process, but unconciously they probably do.

I know I'm probably overstating the obvious, but that assumption has probably crossed many people's minds.

they all lose in the first round, cannot be more even than that now.

even more so, what are the likely chances of Myers and Miller both taking home awards this year?

You probably know this, but what they did in postseason means nothing. Obviously voting is already done or they wouldn't have known the three "finalists."

Archived