VANEK Interview

kishoph

Need to take out Chara or one of their guys with a 2 hander....I hate losing but that just puts salt on the wound....

+1. Somebody wearing blue and gold needs to realize that this is the playoffs and you don't take losing your best forward to a slash like that lying down - no matter the intent. Controlled violence boys - every chance you get.

+1. Somebody wearing blue and gold needs to realize that this is the playoffs and you don't take losing your best forward to a slash like that lying down - no matter the intent. Controlled violence boys - every chance you get.

This team is incapable of that, and unless they play to their strengths in this series, they're definitely one and done.

Trying to goon it up is a surefire way to lose this series.

Not saying I like it, but this is the team Darcy built.

It was an intentional slash with an intent to injure from a lazy defenseman who got burned on the play. Chopping someone at their knee and aiming to hit their stick are two VERY DIFFERENT things.

The NHL should suspend Boychuck. It was a dirty, dirty attack on a star player. Unacceptable.

I think our homer glasses are on a bit too tight. Yes, Boychuck was burned and took a whack at Vanek intentionally to break up the play.

I don't think he intended to hurt Vanek (and yes, I did watch every second of the game and saw the replay as much as NBC showed it). Boychuck just tried to break up the play by doing something illegal. He got penalized - that was the important part.

Was this worth a suspension? Doubt it. I've seen a lot worse in this league go unpenalized.

What happened happened. Whether we should have taken a two handed "Todd Bertuzi" type swing at someone for retribution is debatable. My key point is that this is HUGE if Vanek can make it back to the team by Game 4 or 5. The headcase of a team that we have should get some confidence back by hearing Vanek speak yesterday. Just the tone of his voice sounded like he was upbeat and really believes that he'll be back before the series is over.

I think our homer glasses are on a bit too tight. Yes, Boychuck was burned and took a whack at Vanek intentionally to break up the play.

I don't think he intended to hurt Vanek (and yes, I did watch every second of the game and saw the replay as much as NBC showed it). Boychuck just tried to break up the play by doing something illegal. He got penalized - that was the important part.

Was this worth a suspension? Doubt it. I've seen a lot worse in this league go unpenalized.

FWIW, my boss happened to watch that game, and he thought it was dirty. He's a Flyers fan, so he doesn't really have a rooting interest in the series.

Archived