Gretzky Cup Prediction

ntjacks79

Did anyone see that Wayne Gretzky picked the Phoenix Coyotes and Buffalo Sabres in the Cup Finals last night on ESPN (with Barry Melrose)? So I guess this means that none of you should be calling Gretzky at least a "Negative Ninny"? Back on point, Gretzky also said that this was a year he felt that even 8th seeds have some legitimate shots at success.

Did anyone see that Wayne Gretzky picked the Phoenix Coyotes and Buffalo Sabres in the Cup Finals last night on ESPN (with Barry Melrose)? So I guess this means that none of you should be calling Gretzky at least a "Negative Ninny"? Back on point, Gretzky also said that this was a year he felt that even 8th seeds have some legitimate shots at success.

I loathe when any media types get behind my teams. It's nearly always the kiss of death. Maybe Wayne doesn't count as media... :unsure:

I loathe when any media types get behind my teams. It's nearly always the kiss of death. Maybe Wayne doesn't count as media... :unsure:

On no I'm sure he doesn't count. He's the GREAT ONE and he transcends mere mortals with his wisdom and power.

I'll buy what he's sellin' :thumbsup:

Kinda ironic how Gretzky picks the team he once coached. Funny how they are better without you as coach oh Great One. I hope his predictions are better than his coaching.

On no I'm sure he doesn't count. He's the GREAT ONE and he transcends mere mortals with his wisdom and power.

I'll buy what he's sellin' thumbsup.gif

As John McEnroe would admonish,.."You cannot be serious..." (arms flailing)

Trust me, he is a mortal like you except that you could probably skate circles around him at this point in time. But then again he might enjoy it.

However, he did epitomize aptitude and skill but drop the transcendence thing because he was the standard but NOT above it! Transcendence is reserved for those who can do what he did on the ice anywhere in the atmosphere and I personally did NOT see him do that nor has anyone else!

As John McEnroe would admonish,.."You cannot be serious..." (arms flailing)

Trust me, he is a mortal like you except that you could probably skate circles around him at this point in time. But then again he might enjoy it.

However, he did epitomize aptitude and skill but drop the transcendence thing because he was the standard but NOT above it! Transcendence is reserved for those who can do what he did on the ice anywhere in the atmosphere and I personally did NOT see him do that nor has anyone else!

That last para may be the most self-importantly opaque bit of writing on the Internet. To pose an intellectual question, WTF?

That last para may be the most self-importantly opaque bit of writing on the Internet. To pose an intellectual question, WTF?

hehe...Since he failed to get the tone of my post, I thought it best to leave that one alone.

Archived