Playoff ticket availability

LabattBlue

Just checked online. There are only singles available for the first game and pairs in the 100 or 200 level($150+ per ticket) for the 2nd-4th games. Considering there were only 2000 or so tickets available for each game(I believe this is what was reported) and a playoff drought of two years, you'd think the tickets would have been snapped up....Unless fans are laughing the price of the higher end tickets.

I think the ticket prices are very fair, however I am used to ticket prices for the Leafs so my opinion may be a little bias. With regards to the availability though, I do have one question. You're right, only two thousand were made available to the general public. My question is, where did the other sixteen thousand go? Surely not all of the remaining after the two thousand were snapped up by season ticket holders? :blink:

Just checked online. There are only singles available for the first game and pairs in the 100 or 200 level($150+ per ticket) for the 2nd-4th games. Considering there were only 2000 or so tickets available for each game(I believe this is what was reported) and a playoff drought of two years, you'd think the tickets would have been snapped up....Unless fans are laughing the price of the higher end tickets.

Seems to me that they are being snapped up. People probably are waiting to see what night of the week game 2 falls on, as it likely will be a Friday or weekend game. Games 5 and 7 probably will not sell out too far in advance.

EDIT: Singles only for game 2, now, and not many tix remaining for 5 and 7. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/live/2010/04/sabres-playoff-tickets-still-on-sale.html

I think the ticket prices are very fair, however I am used to ticket prices for the Leafs so my opinion may be a little bias. With regards to the availability though, I do have one question. You're right, only two thousand were made available to the general public. My question is, where did the other sixteen thousand go? Surely not all of the remaining after the two thousand were snapped up by season ticket holders? :blink:

The NHL takes a block of seats as do the visiting teams and that's why there's less available.

Where did the remaining 16 thousand go?

Check Ebay and Stub hub. Typically they get bought out by brokerage firms,and season ticket holders who buy extra and try and flip them to pay for their own tickets. The NHL and the team keep a block for the visiting team and family and friends of the team.

Even if they are sold out, check back multiple times during the day of the game (especially around non as there are usually a couple tickets that end up becoming available (usually 300 levels) that become available day of because of tickets that didn't get claimed or extras that the team/nhl have

In addition to what chz wrote, season ticket holders had the opportunity to buy additional tickets--beyond the number of season tickets they hold--last month. (But at "face value" price, not season ticket discount price.) So some of them ended up in the hands of season ticket holders.

Archived