Peca on TSN

DR HOLLIDAY

He seemed pretty composed and had some nice analysis of the Sabres. If we could have a guy like him when he was in his prime playing for this team right now, imagine what an added dimension it would give them in the toughness/leadership department. He was a favorite of mine until Don Meehan got in his ear and convinced him to play hardball.

He seemed pretty composed and had some nice analysis of the Sabres. If we could have a guy like him when he was in his prime playing for this team right now, imagine what an added dimension it would give them in the toughness/leadership department. He was a favorite of mine until Don Meehan got in his ear and convinced him to play hardball.

True, however Regier's stance on the matter was that since Lehtinen signed for 2.5 mill. the year before, Peca should too.

My stance on it is that Regier started out with a ridiculously low offer - The only comparison between Lehtinen and Peca was that they were Selke winners, as Lehtinen was nowhere near as physical a player as Peca was.

*edit

Also, Lehtinen played on a team with guys such a Mike Modano, Joe Niuewendyk, Derian Hatcher and Sergei Zubov.

Peca played with Miro Satan, Michal Grosek, Jason Woolley and Alexei Zhitnik.

However, Peca wasn't without blame in this matter when he stated he wouldn't negotiate his initial asking price. At all.

Reportedly he did in the end though, yet still didn't sign.

What does bother me is that they reportedly ended up around a 100-200k from one another and still didn't get it done :wallbash:

I believe Peca's initial asking price was 3.9 mill., and rumor has it that he ended up asking 3 or 3.1 mill., while Regier would only offer 2.9 mill., but it was a long time ago so I may be completely off.

Perhaps someone with a better memory can add to this discussion?

Archived