This Day in Sabres History :: March 9

March 9, 1986

At the Aud, Gilbert Perreault takes a pass from Mike Foligno and beats Devils' goalie Alain Chevrier with a quick shot from the slot, the 500th goal in his National Hockey League career. All, naturally, came as a Sabre.

March 9, 2004

The Sabres trade Curtis Brown and Andy Delmore to San Jose for Jeff Jillson and a ninth-round pick in 2005. They also acquire Mike Grier from the Caps for Jakub Klepis.

March 9, 1986

At the Aud, Gilbert Perreault takes a pass from Mike Foligno and beats Devils' goalie Alain Chevrier with a quick shot from the slot, the 500th goal in his National Hockey League career. All, naturally, came as a Sabre.

March 9, 2004

The Sabres trade Curtis Brown and Andy Delmore to San Jose for Jeff Jillson and a ninth-round pick in 2005. They also acquire Mike Grier from the Caps for Jakub Klepis.

Geeez, how bad does that Jillson trade look now? I'd love to have the two guys we let go right about now. Wow...

March 9, 1986

March 9, 2004

It's been awhile since I've seen video of #11's 500th goal, but I vaguely remember laughing that Foligno seemed more excited than Gilbert. :)