Is it time for a kid line?

Grinder42

A few seasons ago, Ruff was forced to play a line that included Pat Kaleta, Clarke MacArthur and maybe Peters or another rookie....He got a solid effort and we won the game as I recall against a solid team, do in part because of the energy they provided. Well, maybe we need to sit some players and call up Gerbe,Ennis, and Mancari and see if they provide any energy....

They have a full 23 man roster. They could put Kaleta on IR to open up one slot, but to bring up anyone else, they'd have to send somebody down. Kennedy, I believe, can be sent down without clearing waivers, but I want to say that Butler has played too many games. Besides, I believe that Gerbe is hurt, Mancari looked like Kotalik (the bad parts) on his last callup and Portland has barely enough healthy players to field a team right now.

I guess Ennis could be an option, but I'm not arguing that it's a good option. Weber's around, too, but I don't think he'll solve the problems the Sabres face right now.

I think Carp probably is right with respect to Butler.

If I'm reading the rules right, then since he is 23, anything over 60 GP terminates his waiver exemption. He has played 81 games.

Yeah, he's definitely past his limit and has to clear waivers. I forget the specifics, but I believe Paestsch is clear to be sent down since he hasn't actually played in 10 games since he cleared. Something freaky is going on with my computer right now and I can't open the CBA to check on that, so someone else is going to have to verify that.

With all respect, is this even worth considering. Gerbe and Ennis are midgets. There only role is going to be top 2 lines or nothing and I've already seen enough of Gerbe to know he has no future. Ennis showed some ability when he was up but I am still doubtful of his long term viability given his size.

With all respect, is this even worth considering. Gerbe and Ennis are midgets. There only role is going to be top 2 lines or nothing and I've already seen enough of Gerbe to know he has no future. Ennis showed some ability when he was up but I am still doubtful of his long term viability given his size.

I hear Zack Kassian isn't busy right now. Maybe, they should call him up for 9 games (don't want to start that contract.) :thumbsup:

They can't call him up until his team is eliminated from the playoffs.

Oh yeah, forgot about that rule. He hasn't signed a contract yet, right? Would it still be true if the Sabres were to (hypothetically) sign him to an entry level contract (can they do that mid-season?) and call him up for nine games?

Oh yeah, forgot about that rule. He hasn't signed a contract yet, right? Would it still be true if the Sabres were to (hypothetically) sign him to an entry level contract (can they do that mid-season?) and call him up for nine games?

I don't know that; all I know comes from a TSN article published around the time of the incident.

Archived