2010 Prospects' Game

Calvin

Was just reading about the Top Prospects game to be held in the end of January..

Of course, this was the same game that Kassian knocked Tavares witless in last year

Here's more on the game itself - link

In general hockey enjoyment- Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin. They will be #1 and #2 picks in the draft more then likely. Cam Fowler will be the first d-men selected (and will play for USA next Dec in WJC). John McFarlane, Brett Connolly and Kirill Kabanov are probably the next best. Kabanov is Russian and could be the 3rd player taken. Those are going to be some real good NHL stars for years to come and keep on eye on them. But non have a chance to go to Buffalo.

For "Sabres" purposes, the guys i'll be watching most for is Emerson Etem. Plays in the WHL for same team Tyler Ennis did. He is a great goal scorer and very quick. Some people have said he reminds them of Phil Kessel. Plays a strong 2-way game. Reminds me of a Sam Gagner, although he has yet to explode in the NHL. Born in Los Angeles and is a very good lock for team USA for next winter (which would be awesome to have an american star on Buffalo's roster). Other guys, Quinton Howden. Power forward, hits very hard, scores, kills penalties, can fight.... he's got all the tools but just needs to learn how to use them. Was the first overall pick as a 16 year old in the WHL draft but didn't make that team. He has loads of potential. I've heard people compare him to a Dustin Brown. And lastly, Brock Beukeboom, probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A stay at home d-men. Very smart player who can hit very well and will fight. Son of former NHLer Jeff Beukeboom.

Interesting. It's like Junior hockey's version of the Blue-Grey Game, or the East-West Shrine Game, or any number of postseason college football "honor" games where the true first-rounders don't even think about taking part, except here, it looks like the blue chips might be in? Wow. Would be something to see.

In general hockey enjoyment- Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin. They will be #1 and #2 picks in the draft more then likely. Cam Fowler will be the first d-men selected (and will play for USA next Dec in WJC). John McFarlane, Brett Connolly and Kirill Kabanov are probably the next best. Kabanov is Russian and could be the 3rd player taken. Those are going to be some real good NHL stars for years to come and keep on eye on them. But non have a chance to go to Buffalo.

For "Sabres" purposes, the guys i'll be watching most for is Emerson Etem. Plays in the WHL for same team Tyler Ennis did. He is a great goal scorer and very quick. Some people have said he reminds them of Phil Kessel. Plays a strong 2-way game. Reminds me of a Sam Gagner, although he has yet to explode in the NHL. Born in Los Angeles and is a very good lock for team USA for next winter (which would be awesome to have an american star on Buffalo's roster). Other guys, Quinton Howden. Power forward, hits very hard, scores, kills penalties, can fight.... he's got all the tools but just needs to learn how to use them. Was the first overall pick as a 16 year old in the WHL draft but didn't make that team. He has loads of potential. I've heard people compare him to a Dustin Brown. And lastly, Brock Beukeboom, probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A stay at home d-men. Very smart player who can hit very well and will fight. Son of former NHLer Jeff Beukeboom.

I look forward to this game, and the WJC which starts on Saturday. Most of the games are on the NHL Network and showcase the best players under 20.

I look forward to this game, and the WJC which starts on Saturday. Most of the games are on the NHL Network and showcase the best players under 20.

I am also looking forward to the WJC on the NHL netwok, not only to see Luke Adam, but to get a feel for the level of hockey coming to Buffalo next year.

Archived