Brendan Witt

mrjsbu96

I am not going on any rumors, but I just noticed flipping around Center Ice tonight that he is not in the Capitals lineup.

Anyone know anything specific on him? From limited time I've seen him, he would be the kind of guy I think would fit in great. Caps need someone to take Ollie Kolzig's spot.....

Brandon Witt is not the same Brandon Witt we all wanted two years ago. He's not as good in the new NHL. I would much rather have a boatload of other options at defense. He's going at a high price too.

Brandon Witt is not the same Brandon Witt we all wanted two years ago. He's not as good in the new NHL. I would much rather have a boatload of other options at defense. He's going at a high price too.

I could name 20 other players i'd like over Witt, but this isn't EA Sports NHL 06... the cpu (aka the other team) isn't just going to trade a top defense man for a prospect and a Mika. Getting Witt for Mika and a prospect would be a really good deal. Prospect, i mean an Amerk.

Agreed, after I thought more about this. At first it sounds great because he is a physical defenseman, but I haven't seen many Capitals games this year, and with the new rules I can see him looking a little slow out there. I sat rinkside when the Caps came to town earlier in the year....the night Pyatt had a hat trick....and Witt looked really slow against us, then got frustrated and attacked Vanek and got kicked out of the game. I'd rather see us go after a mobile defender that is smart and can hit

I could name 20 other players i'd like over Witt, but this isn't EA Sports NHL 06... the cpu (aka the other team) isn't just going to trade a top defense man for a prospect and a Mika. Getting Witt for Mika and a prospect would be a really good deal. Prospect, i mean an Amerk.

If Witt comes to Buffalo, he's Buffalo's 6th defenseman. He's to slow footed to fit in with this team.

I watched the Caps-Pens on TSN tonight. The announcers said Witt sat out because he will be traded and that Witt was all emotional about it before the game. I agree with what one of you said back there. A couple of years ago I liked Witt a lot, but I don't know if he's any good in the new NHL.

I watched the Caps-Pens on TSN tonight. The announcers said Witt sat out because he will be traded and that Witt was all emotional about it before the game. I agree with what one of you said back there. A couple of years ago I liked Witt a lot, but I don't know if he's any good in the new NHL.

As Dave asked in another thread could someone who is in the DC area comment on him? I don't see enough of him to have a good feel for how he is fitting into the new NHL. I like him though, and still am pretty sure I would want him on the team!

Witt is old, slow, and not a good fit in the new NHL. Darcy will not give up young quality players for an over-the-hill flat-footed defenseman like Witt. In fact, I don't see Darcy making any trades whatsoever this season.

Archived