Dipenta suspended

wildcat48

DiPenta suspended for actions in Springfield

Published on: 6th October, 2009 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The American Hockey League announced today that they’ve suspended defenseman Joe DiPenta for one game as a result of his actions in the Pirates’ season opener in Springfield Mass. on Saturday night.

Link>>>

You stay classy Joe Dipenta!

Good for DiPenta - only problem is he used his stick - otherwise I have no problem with keeping people accountable for their actions - it's one of the cornerstones of hockey which makes it unique amongst organized sports - only trouble is when the pantywaists try to regulate it out of the game with things like the instigator rule. Would you rather see some NBA thugs throwing chairs at each other or NFL ex-cons shoving each other while wearing full body pads & helmets or would you like to see a return to the days of Rob Ray calling in a marker when someone cheap shot'd a skill player?

Good for DiPenta - only problem is he used his stick - otherwise I have no problem with keeping people accountable for their actions - it's one of the cornerstones of hockey which makes it unique amongst organized sports - only trouble is when the pantywaists try to regulate it out of the game with things like the instigator rule. Would you rather see some NBA thugs throwing chairs at each other or NFL ex-cons shoving each other while wearing full body pads & helmets or would you like to see a return to the days of Rob Ray calling in a marker when someone cheap shot'd a skill player?

agreed but he broke a cardinal rule by using his stick!

Worse yet, it looks like all he did was hit his teammate in the back of the legs. Thumbs up for coming to the aid of a teammate, thumbs down for using the stick. At least if the Sabres brought him up as a reserve (i.e. press box) player, he would make the practices more interesting. Maybe some of his ebullience would rub off.....MAYbe.

Worse yet, it looks like all he did was hit his teammate in the back of the legs. Thumbs up for coming to the aid of a teammate, thumbs down for using the stick. At least if the Sabres brought him up as a reserve (i.e. press box) player, he would make the practices more interesting. Maybe some of his ebullience would rub off.....MAYbe.

Agreed, and its totally bush league to golf club a guy like that.

Dipenta didn't even take a full swing and hit him in the shin guard. I wish we could see the hit put on him first. I'm pretty sure that when I have my shin guards on you could take a full swing with a baseball bat and I wouldn't feel it. Yet he'll get suspended at the same time you'll see a guy drive someone's head into the boards, causing injury and only get 2 minutes with no suspension. As I get older, I find that what get's people upset is more and more confusing.

Dipenta didn't even take a full swing and hit him in the shin guard. I wish we could see the hit put on him first. I'm pretty sure that when I have my shin guards on you could take a full swing with a baseball bat and I wouldn't feel it. Yet he'll get suspended at the same time you'll see a guy drive someone's head into the boards, causing injury and only get 2 minutes with no suspension. As I get older, I find that what get's people upset is more and more confusing.

The two hander was really out of bounds, hardly ever see that, even from our local ECHL and UHL guys (although I once saw a guy get slugged in a pre-game hair skate).

On the bright side, our boys in Portland were involved in a 10 man brawl!

Archived