[OT] Great story about a tough SOB from Saskatchewan

nfreeman

check it out.

...as we kill time waiting for something to happen.

:D Nice OT read, Some of my favorite comments

1. Posted by RedWings22 Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 pm EDT Report Abuse

TSN reports

The Flyers have signed Ernie McLean to a 8-year deal worth reportedly $88 million dollars worth of gold and haggis.

2. Posted by Bubbabanjo Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:35 pm EDT Report Abuse

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mmmmm haggis zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Posted by Nukes Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:38 pm EDT Report Abuse

[sorry if this is a double-post]

How does one exactly survive being run over by a bulldozer? I can't find anything on the internet which goes into further detail about that incident.

9.Maple Leafs make excellent toilet paper!

13. Posted by habs1rule Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:45 pm EDT Report Abuse

Thats a Canadian toughness, you Yanks would never understand...Ernie came from a family where his daddy would constantly "spank him"...Turn around and say.."Now do me, sonny"!!

22. Posted by bikesgonewild Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:54 am EDT Report Abuse

...this guy ain't out looking for gold... the canadian government pays him to go out into the wilderness to teach bears n' moose n' wolverines how to be "canada" tough...

:D Nice OT read, Some of my favorite comments

Thats a Canadian toughness, you Yanks would never understand...Ernie came from a family where his daddy would constantly "spank him"...Turn around and say.."Now do me, sonny"!!

Another whiny Canadian comparing himself to Americans, stop it. It is kind of like the Red Sox comparing themselves to the Yankees. As my wife says, it is only the Red Sox fans that care... And while I have known many tough Canadians as well as Americans, but I have also known plenty of whiners on both sides of the border. It is a Darwinian thing and someone should bottle this guys DNA.

On an aside, as a 15 year old, I bushwacked in the woods north of North Bay with a grid map and a compass for three weeks. The Canadian outback is rough country and there is no one there if you get hurt or lost. It obvious this guy is tough and it is a great story.

Possibly mistaking toughness for gayness and .

Archived