Arbitration

silvermike

Which Sabres are due to meet with an arbitrator this year? Sekera? Stafford?

I'm pretty sure nobody is the right answer.

None of the RFA's are eligible to file.

Edit: wait a second....I think McArthur might we eligible.....but he would be mad to go to arbitration.

Mac, Stafford and Sekera were all 20 years old when they got their first SPC. That means they need 4 years of 10 games or more in the NHL to be eligible for arbitration.

Staff's got 3, Sekera 2, and the General has 3 also.

FWIW, Article 12.1 CBA

Mac, Stafford and Sekera were all 20 years old when they got their first SPC. That means they need 4 years of 10 games or more in the NHL to be eligible for arbitration.

Staff's got 3, Sekera 2, and the General has 3 also.

FWIW, Article 12.1 CBA

I think in MacArthurs case I think the AHL counts as professional experience because he came out of juniors and signed at 20.

So I think his Rochester years would count.

The 10 game rule is for guys that get called out of Juniors and stayed the maximum.

I think for Myers for example ...while he is eligible to play Juniors....if he gets called up to the NHL he can stay 10 games...if however his season is over he can join the Playoffs for Portland (non NHL) and not start the clock ticking.

That is the intent I think.......

I think in MacArthurs case I think the AHL counts as professional experience because he came out of juniors and signed at 20.

The 10 game rule is for guys that get called out of Juniors and stayed the maximum.

I think for Myers for example ...while he is eligible to play Juniors....if he gets called up to the NHL he can stay 10 games...if however his season is over he can join the Playoffs for Portland (non NHL) and not start the clock ticking.

Yeah, MacArthur just completed his 4th year. Remember, he accepted his qualifying offer last year, so he had already put in his 3 years of the entry level system.

Upon further review... seems players 18 and 19 years of age need true NHL GAMES. Players 20 or older need Professional Games

"Professional Games" includes the following: any NHL Games played,

all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games

played, including but not limited to, games played in any European league or any other

league outside North America, by a Player pursuant to his SPC.

So we should know by July 5 at 5pm whether they elect arby's.

Upon further review... seems players 18 and 19 years of age need true NHL GAMES. Players 20 or older need Professional Games

"Professional Games" includes the following: any NHL Games played,

all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games

played, including but not limited to, games played in any European league or any other

league outside North America, by a Player pursuant to his SPC.

So we should know by July 5 at 5pm whether they elect arby's.

Because those 18-19 year olds are too young to play anywhere but juniors or the NHL. It's different for any college players who leave early though.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...565535474_x.htm

The Buffalo Sabres retained the rights to three key restricted free agents by extending qualifying offers to forwards Drew Stafford and Clarke MacArthur and defenseman Andrej Sekera.

General manager Darcy Regier made the announcement on Monday, hours before a 5 p.m. deadline for teams to make offers to their restricted free agents.

The Sabres will now be able to match any potential offer made to these players by another team when the NHL free agency period begins on Wednesday.

Of the three, Stafford could be a target for an outside offer. The 23-year-old 2004 first-round pick blossomed into an offensive threat this past season by recording 20 goals, the third-most on the team.

MacArthur, meanwhile, is arbitration eligible after posting 31 points in 71 games, while Sekera, 23, played in 69 games in his first full season with the Sabres.

Archived