Pittsburgh fan arrested over post

ROC Sabres

I think they could charge him with terroristic threats, probably wouldn't stick. Usually you see a terroristic threats charge being brought when you have addition charges such as assault/battery etc.

I'm not even sure that States charge for terrorism threats. I think that's usually a federal matter.

I'm not even sure that States charge for terrorism threats. I think that's usually a federal matter.

Here you go counselor:

Terroristic threats - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. ? 2706

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits the crime of

terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly

or indirectly, a threat to:

(1) commit any crime of violence with intent to

terrorize another;

(2) cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or

facility of public transportation; or

(3) otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or

cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless

disregard of the risk of causing such terror or

inconvenience.

Here you go counselor:

Terroristic threats - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. ? 2706

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits the crime of

terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly

or indirectly, a threat to:

(1) commit any crime of violence with intent to

terrorize another;

(2) cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or

facility of public transportation; or

(3) otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or

cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless

disregard of the risk of causing such terror or

inconvenience.

Boy is that vague. I wonder if they actually charge people with that? There's no way it should be able to stand up in court due to the notion of Void for Vagueness. Thanks for finding that though; quite interesting.

They also have to be able to prove intent which is interesting. I looked up New York's terrorism laws and they don't even require intent, however New York only counts something as terrorism if the threat is against a population of people, not one individual. PA seems to count threats against individuals as potential terrorism. Throwing "intent" into the equation really helps the defendant out though because then the prosecution has to prove he had taken the necessary step towards commission of the act, as I stated before. New York throws that out the window.

So I guess the lesson here is, don't make generalized death threats against more than one person in NY or else you have no defense.

Be careful what you wish for. Some day someone might consider preaching eternal damnation as a threat of physical violence and preachers will be sitting next to 17 year old internet posters in jail :rolleyes:

ah, here we go with the anti-religion stuff again...if that does happen, do you think the rabid ACLU would ardently take up the case to protect the 1st Amendment protection for a manic steet preacher?........something tells me they wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole... <_<

ah, here we go with the anti-religion stuff again...if that does happen, do you think the rabid ACLU would ardently take up the case to protect the 1st Amendment protection for a manic steet preacher?........something tells me they wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole... <_<

Maybe if he was an ordained pentecostal preacher prisoner.

http://www.aclu.org/religion/discrim/37958prs20081203.html

Not that I was looking to go political here, but they take up stuff like that all the time.

"Pole?" What does the nationality have to do with this? You racist bastard :rolleyes:

Ahhh the constant beating of a dead joke into the ground. One of the many reasons why I don't post over there anymore. Oh, and if you want a true classic, there's a college hockey video game thread that I quickly turned into a "pictures of things that rhyme with Haku" thread.

I have read that as well. :thumbsup:

I have read that as well. :thumbsup:

It's just a shame that most of the pictures are gone now. If you want to see what I'm most proud of, search around for my 20000th post. I started a new thread for it, so it should be easy to find.

It's just a shame that most of the pictures are gone now. If you want to see what I'm most proud of, search around for my 20000th post. I started a new thread for it, so it should be easy to find.

You haven't posted since October 08 and you're still averaging 9.8 posts per day. That's disgusting.

Archived