Miller unveils new helmet for third jerseys

carpandean

http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?type...UF|SabresTVPos1

The story was posted on his webpage a month or so ago, and then posted on SabresNotSlugs. It's designed to go with the third jerseys, though I don't really see it. Since there's a good chance that we will be switching to those full time in one of the next two seasons, it makes sense for him to get a new helmet made.

Note: I'm not in a location where I can listen to the audio, so I don't know what he actually said.

Edit:

post-1053-1239047659_thumbjpg

post-1053-1239047692_thumbjpg

post-1053-1239047704_thumbjpg

The story was posted on his webpage a month or so ago, and then posted on SabresNotSlugs. It's designed to go with the third jerseys, though I don't really see it. Since there's a good chance that we will be switching to those full time in one of the next two seasons, it makes sense for him to get a new helmet made.

Note: I'm not in a location where I can listen to the audio, so I don't know what he actually said.

Yeah I don't see how thats more designed for the 3rd jerseys than the one hes got... except that it will stand out more. Weird guy, weird mask.

I think it looks pretty cools as a mask by itself. I'm also among the befuddled as to how it would go with the new 3rds. I thought the one he's got now goes well with the 3rds. Maybe it's like LQ said about the slug. You just need to see the whole package. But, if there's some kinda voodoo or mystical eastern enchantment with the words, maybe it will help his mojo or something.

I checked out the SabresNotSlugs sites, but couldn't quickly find the team's record this year in the thirds. There's a pretty dramatic difference, right?

I think it looks pretty cools as a mask by itself. I'm also among the befuddled as to how it would go with the new 3rds. I thought the one he's got now goes well with the 3rds. Maybe it's like LQ said about the slug. You just need to see the whole package. But, if there's some kinda voodoo or mystical eastern enchantment with the words, maybe it will help his mojo or something.

Ryan has always come off to me as a guy who wants to put out an image of someone who's transcendental and all that, deep in thought and concentration, standing on the bench meditating before the game, ohhhhmmmm ohmmmmmm, etc. etc. The soft goals, the late shutout bids going down the drain, the goals in the final minutes of periods and games and seconds after we score, the odd reactions to goals (someone dubbed it the "WTF" gesture), the teary eyes after games paint a different picture, one of a guy who's not all that strong mentally. It's hard to imagine Marty Brodeur having a cup of green tea before a game.

Ryan has always come off to me as a guy who wants to put out an image of someone who's transcendental and all that, deep in thought and concentration, standing on the bench meditating before the game, ohhhhmmmm ohmmmmmm, etc. etc. The soft goals, the late shutout bids going down the drain, the goals in the final minutes of periods and games and seconds after we score, the odd reactions to goals (someone dubbed it the "WTF" gesture), the teary eyes after games paint a different picture, one of a guy who's not all that strong mentally. It's hard to imagine Marty Brodeur having a cup of green tea before a game.

No but I can imaging Marty Brodeur giving it to his sister-in-law before the game though.

I checked out the SabresNotSlugs sites, but couldn't quickly find the team's record this year in the thirds. There's a pretty dramatic difference, right?

Home records:

In all thirds (jersey and helmet): 11-3-0

In slugs (jersey)/third (helmet): 2-1-0 (New Jersey on Saturday was the one loss.)

In all slugs (jersey and helmet): 9-10-3

The last two home games are in the thirds, so hopefully they can help out. :thumbsup:

Home records:

In all thirds (jersey and helmet): 11-3-0

In slugs (jersey)/third (helmet): 2-1-0 (New Jersey on Saturday was the one loss.)

In all slugs (jersey and helmet): 9-10-3

The last two home games are in the thirds, so hopefully they can help out. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

not only does it NOT match the uniforms... what is with the purple dragon and the tiger on it???

I don't like it at all... I was excited until I saw it. :huh:

I would have preferred something like his WC mask:

post-1053-1239117163_thumbjpg

(Obviously, without the slug on the other side.)

Archived