The Tyler Myers Progression Thread

sabreskings3623

I can't remember the exact rule, but I believe that he either makes the team (Sabres) or goes back to his juniors team. I.e., AHL is not an option.

Because of his birthday, its Juniors or Sabres for him. Ennis, on the other hand, is Portland or Buffalo, again because of his birthday.

Keep Myers in Juniors until he puts on 20 more lbs of muscle. Then give him a shot at the Sabres.

Exactly. Even though Myers seems to have full control over his body (ie his fluid skating) his body is not done growing both muscle and height wise. I read in an earlier article that he's now up to 6'8, one inch up from where the Sabres drafted him. If you look back to Chara with the NYI he was not fully aware of his body and didn't really put it together until he was in Ottawa. As much as we want to see a pick that is NHL ready a year after he is drafted, it is fairly rare for good reason.

Exactly. Even though Myers seems to have full control over his body (ie his fluid skating) his body is not done growing both muscle and height wise. I read in an earlier article that he's now up to 6'8, one inch up from where the Sabres drafted him. If you look back to Chara with the NYI he was not fully aware of his body and didn't really put it together until he was in Ottawa. As much as we want to see a pick that is NHL ready a year after he is drafted, it is fairly rare for good reason.

Fairly rare in the past but becoming a lot more common for a variety of reasons. Just look at how many of this year's picks played at least part of the season.

There are a couple of other in Portland too. Gragnani and Koska are 5th and 10th in points on the Pirates respectively and both are D, not bad. Koska is a horse and remember he led UMass to the frozen four two years ago.

UMASS has never made it to the frozen four. In 2007 they lost to Maine in the round of 8.

Archived