Come playoff time who is going to raise their game to the next level?

LabattBlue

I know Drury is the obvious answer, but I'm looking at the other players on the roster who have limited or no playoff experience. I've been thinking about who is going to come out of nowhere and be a playoff performer(assuming the Sabres can make a run ;) ). If I had to name a player(s) who would stand out, it would probably be Max or Briere. If you asked me for one player who will disappear come playoff time...Kotalik. Just a hunch on my part.

I know Drury is the obvious answer, but I'm looking at the other players on the roster who have limited or no playoff experience. I've been thinking about who is going to come out of nowhere and be a playoff performer(assuming the Sabres can make a run ;) ). If I had to name a player(s) who would stand out, it would probably be Max or Briere. If you asked me for one player who will disappear come playoff time...Kotalik. Just a hunch on my part.

Jochen!

Jeremy Roenick :P What a joke of a trade rumor.

I think Dumont is key for the Sabres in the playoffs. I think Briere and Drury well lead this team but we need Dumont to score timely goals in front of the net. I can see Hecht as well.

Somebody's going to have to- not that the Sabres are playing bad, but of the 8 teams that are (at least according to the current standings) going to make the playoffs in the East, the only two that don't scare me are the Rangers and Flyers. And make it 3 if Atlanta, Toronto, or the Islanders somehow manage to sneak in instead of Montreal...anyway, I can't think of one guy so I'll go with 5...

Kalinin- he has to or Buffalo may not make it out of the first round...the potential obviously is there and maybe he looks to rebound from a poor regular season.

Connolly- I don't know why, it's just a hunch...he's never played a playoff game before, but something about him just strikes me as a guy who will come through when he's needed most.

Roy- Has the toughness, ability to finish, and speed necessary...and he's a 3rd liner- not many 2nd or 3rd pairings in the East can put out 1 or even 2 guys who can keep up with him or his current linemates.

Tallinder- I say he shows some of that offensive talent that occasionally but not consistently comes to the forefront.

Grier- He can't and won't come out of the lineup, and just wait...at some point in time, when we're at the height of our frustration regarding his poor foot speed or ability to finish, he's going to pop one in late in the game that will be the difference...

Guys I'm concerned about...Kotalik, Numminen, and Vanek...

Archived