Regier on WGR?

deluca67

The big problem with the coaching change is that it can't be undone. You fire Lindy and the team still sucks where are you. Further behind than where you started. Look at the teams you mentioned. Consider the roster of players those teams have and imagine Lindy as their head coach. Each of those teams would be light years ahead of where they are now if Lindy was the head coach. Lindy behind the bench with Malkin and Crosby? Spezza, Heatly and Alfredson? Drury, Gomez, Naslund and Lundqvist.

Right now this franchise has three valuable assets they can not afford to give up, Ruff, Miller and Vanek. Maybe instead of wondering what this team would look like with another head coach try thinking of what Lindy could do with a better roster of players. You shouldn't have to think that hard since we have all witnessed the results. Lets' get a GM in here who will fill the roster with players that have the heart and will to win and let Lindy coach them.

Fair enough. So Lindy takes the Pens to a Cup over the Wings? The Senators over the Ducks?

On an unrelated note, didn't Lindy have to seriously mull the contract extension he got after 06-07? Seems like he was burned out then. I still have a feeling he's going to quit.

Fair enough. So Lindy takes the Pens to a Cup over the Wings? The Senators over the Ducks?

On an unrelated note, didn't Lindy have to seriously mull the contract extension he got after 06-07? Seems like he was burned out then. I still have a feeling he's going to quit.

I don't see Lindy as a quitter.

I think Lindy make the Pens and Sens better and those teams may very well have Cup banners.

I have to ask. Is there any coach in the game today that could have gotten the Sabres into the playoffs this year?

I don't see Lindy as a quitter.

I think Lindy make the Pens and Sens better and those teams may very well have Cup banners.

I have to ask. Is there any coach in the game today that could have gotten the Sabres into the playoffs this year?

Name a coach, any coach. It's all about chemistry, catching lightning in a bottle. New coaches and new systems shock teams back to life all the time.

I'm not afraid of change. You can't be much worse than missing the playoffs five times in seven years. What are we trying to hold onto so dearly? Mediocrity with a nice playoff run tossed in every six years? Aren't you the guy calling for Jauron's head, Jauron the former coach of the year, like Ruff?

I'll admit it. I've tuned Ruff out just like the players. The other night, they showed Ruff saying something to one of his assistants. He wore a sneer that Dick Cheney would have been proud of. I can't stand the guy anymore.

Name a coach, any coach. It's all about chemistry, catching lightning in a bottle. New coaches and new systems shock teams back to life all the time.

I'm not afraid of change. You can't be much worse than missing the playoffs five times in seven years. What are we trying to hold onto so dearly? Mediocrity with a nice playoff run tossed in every six years? Aren't you the guy calling for Jauron's head, Jauron the former coach of the year, like Ruff?

I'll admit it. I've tuned Ruff out just like the players. The other night, they showed Ruff saying something to one of his assistants. He wore a sneer that Dick Cheney would have been proud of. I can't stand the guy anymore.

Jauron? Really PA?

Jauron had ONE god year with a decent team that played a weak schedule and lost the only playoff game he ever coached. To compare Jauron to Ruff is like Comparing Andrew Peters to #11. Sure neither one has a Ring but we all know the difference.

I don't think we have to worry about Lindy getting fired. I think he will walk away before anyone fires him. The real question is how long will Lindy do this with the mediocre garbage he keeps being handed to work with. Lindy is supposed to build a mansion with tools only capable of throwing together an outhouse.

Jauron? Really PA?

Jauron had ONE god year with a decent team that played a weak schedule and lost the only playoff game he ever coached. To compare Jauron to Ruff is like Comparing Andrew Peters to #11. Sure neither one has a Ring but we all know the difference.

I wasn't comparing them. But they're two coaches who don't make the playoffs very often.

I don't think we have to worry about Lindy getting fired. I think he will walk away before anyone fires him. The real question is how long will Lindy do this with the mediocre garbage he keeps being handed to work with. Lindy is supposed to build a mansion with tools only capable of throwing together an outhouse.

Lindy's been around 12 years, won the Jack Adams, could coach in many NHL cities. He had a chance to walk away after 06-07, right? He has to be a strong voice in the organization. By no means do I believe he is Darcy's lap dog. I don't buy the notion that Ruff has no or little input into what players come to Buffalo. Has he been given soft players? Sure. Has he become a soft coach? No doubt. The explanation for why he didn't have his players respond after Miller was hit was a joke. For that alone, I am surprised DeLuca is backing him.

Coaches can definitely help win some games....but coaches can only go so far with the talent in front of them

Coaches can definitely help win some games....but coaches can only go so far with the talent in front of them

There is one thing that I find funny in all the countless pages devoted to all the players that Darcy "let get away" - these players were all actually on the team at one time. What did they do while they were here that was so great..NOT make the Stanley Cup Finals?...YAY! Lindy had a team that had Drury as the first line center, Briere the 2nd, and the RAV 3rd line. How much more do we need to give him before he can take some of the blame.

I really don't care about who is at fault, players or FO, for players leaving. But we've tried different players(and they were great players at that) But I know what I've seen and I'm ready for a change...and maybe it's time to try a different coach.

There is one thing that I find funny in all the countless pages devoted to all the players that Darcy "let get away" - these players were all actually on the team at one time. What did they do while they were here that was so great..NOT make the Stanley Cup Finals?...YAY! Lindy had a team that had Drury as the first line center, Briere the 2nd, and the RAV 3rd line. How much more do we need to give him before he can take some of the blame.

I really don't care about who is at fault, players or FO, for players leaving. But we've tried different players(and they were great players at that) But I know what I've seen and I'm ready for a change...and maybe it's time to try a different coach.

Swamp, come on. They did make the semifinals twice, and they did win a Presidents' Trophy. It's not like the talent was wasted--that team did some things. In '06, the injury bug hit, and in '07, I really don't think anyone was going to beat Anaheim, anyway. Only one team gets the regular season hardware, and only one team gets the more important post-season hardware.

Swamp, come on. They did make the semifinals twice, and they did win a Presidents' Trophy. It's not like the talent was wasted--that team did some things. In '06, the injury bug hit, and in '07, I really don't think anyone was going to beat Anaheim, anyway. Only one team gets the regular season hardware, and only one team gets the more important post-season hardware.

I believe those injuries in '06 were a result of Lindy's system(I think I'm well on record for thinking this). And even when we were down to, was it 1 or 2, regulars on defense, he never changed the system to help them(a system that I find maddening to begin with). He also has never had an answer for teams with one powerhouse line(i.e. Atl, Ott,..). You brought up Anaheim, but we didn't even get past Ottawa, with a team that had all the horses.

If we had the '07 team in "08 would we have beaten Detroit(or even Pittburgh to get there)? For all the grousing about Darcy, I think that even if he did all those magical 5/5 deals that people say he could have, we would still be a team built for the regular season without a Cup. I really wasn't upset that Drury and Briere left at the time and I'm still not.

I know I'm rambling and don't really have a point, except that when you are losing, it's everybody's fault.

Archived