Where is John Muckler

val james

Guest Sloth

Not that I want Muckler in town, but I believe it is time for Darcy to leave Buffalo. Aside from the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons, Buffalo has been a mediocre team for the past 7 years. The Sabres need a change. They need somebody who has a different point of view on what a team should consist of. After the disappointing 07/08 season, I thought Buffalo would be a very good team for the 09/10 season w/ the moves Darcy was making. I no longer have have that expectation. Buffalo will most likely be struggling for a playoff spot next year. This team lacks passion, size, and the ability to play hard hockey. The Sabres are far too soft and little has been done to fix it. It's bad when your team can be banged around by the Ottawa Senators.

Not that I want Muckler in town, but I believe it is time for Darcy to leave Buffalo. Aside from the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons, Buffalo has been a mediocre team for the past 7 years. The Sabres need a change. They need somebody who has a different point of view on what a team should consist of. After the disappointing 07/08 season, I thought Buffalo would be a very good team for the 09/10 season w/ the moves Darcy was making. I no longer have have that expectation. Buffalo will most likely be struggling for a playoff spot next year. This team lacks passion, size, and the ability to play hard hockey. The Sabres are far too soft and little has been done to fix it. It's bad when your team can be banged around by the Ottawa Senators.

Brilliant quote: except for almost winning the Stanley Cup twice, we suck. LOL!

Why don't you give Darcy a break here. He was the guy who put the Cup contenders together. The guy who dismantled it is none other than Larry Frrriiigggiinnn' Quinn. In fact I'm betting Lindy is praying he gets fired so he gets a paid vacation and a release from Quinn's freak show. You'll all be dreading the day Ruff leaves. But it's par for the course for the Buffalo Sabres under Larry FFRRRIIGGIINN' Quinn.

PTR

Guest Sloth
Brilliant quote: except for almost winning the Stanley Cup twice, we suck. LOL!

You'll all be dreading the day Ruff leaves. But it's par for the course for the Buffalo Sabres under Larry FFRRRIIGGIINN' Quinn.

I couldn't agree w/ you more. Quinn hasn't been dismantling a team-he's been dismantling a franchise.

What ever happened with the decision a few years back to fire most (all) of the scouts and go primarily to video scouting? Is that still the Sabres strategy? If so, it certainly isn't working... I'm sure firing the scouts to save a few bucks was another "stellar" Quinn decision.

Say what you will about Muckler but he was the one who made the Sabres viable again. He brought people like Pat LaFontaine and Dominik Hasek to town. He set up Ottawa for several good seasons of being ligitimate contenders bringing Danny Heatley in for Marion Hossa, which as good as Hossa is, Heatley's output has been better. Not to mention what he did in Edmonton. So, If Darcy goes, I would not mind the Muck being back. Cuz it seems like everywhere he goes, they might not have won the cup, but they've got signifigantly better in a hurry and I don't think it's any coincidence that a few years after he's had his team they go on to play for the cup (both ott and buffalo did this).

Say what you will about Muckler but he was the one who made the Sabres viable again. He brought people like Pat LaFontaine and Dominik Hasek to town. He set up Ottawa for several good seasons of being ligitimate contenders bringing Danny Heatley in for Marion Hossa, which as good as Hossa is, Heatley's output has been better. Not to mention what he did in Edmonton. So, If Darcy goes, I would not mind the Muck being back. Cuz it seems like everywhere he goes, they might not have won the cup, but they've got signifigantly better in a hurry and I don't think it's any coincidence that a few years after he's had his team they go on to play for the cup (both ott and buffalo did this).

All I know is that Darcy's finesse-first teams aren't the answer.

Take away the "New NHL", and the last Darcy team to make the playoffs were the 2000/2001 Sabres.

Coincidence? I guess we'll never know for sure but the evidence, while circumstancial, seems quite massive.

Archived